Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keepin' it REEEEEAL

• 17-02-2004 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

So what are your thoughts on this term? Anytime I talk on some American rap forums it's all "That n**** aint ****! He's from a middle class background. Things weren't near as bad for him as he says. Man, he needs to talk about some REAL ****."

I dunno.. There's only a few big names that you could throw down that kept it 'real' most the time. Tupac, Nas, 50... But if you think bout some of the others that were spitting insane ****- Luda, Redman, Meth, Xzibit etc. It's entertainment. I love Luda's style, I think he's the hottest thing in the last 2 years. Who gives a **** if it's real or not? I think Eminem is the best example of maintaining a healthy(?) balance in his raps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Like R.A said:

"See real now a days is just a ****ing gimmick anyway,
    I'm keepin it real, stayin' real all this bull****,
    Yo how the **** is you supposed to be real if you can't rap for real or flow for real?"

I think it has something to do with keeping it real to your "ghetto" background on most Rap Forums, which is funny considering most of those posters probably shelled out a grand on their computer.

Someone from the ghetto is not going to shell out a grand on a computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Originally posted by Kold
    I love Luda's style, I think he's the hottest thing in the last 2 years. Who gives a **** if it's real or not?

Man u got some good taste! Thats for real! I love Ludacris 2!!:cool: ;)
    Oh and another thing hav u heard 1 of his tracks that goes Bump, bump, bump it up? Do u no the name of that track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You don't mean "Pump Pump Pump it up" by any chance? That's a Joe Budden song but it was used in 2 Fast 2 Furious which Ludacris was in.

As for keeping it real, well real is relative. If you're from the Ghetto I don't see why you have to rap about the Ghetto explicitly. Keeping it real is sticking to your value system and not comprimising yourself imo. If you accept a cheque to sing/rap/write something that you don't believe in or don't support then you're not keeping it real.
    If you whore yourself then it's not real. If you whore the genre then you're not keeping it real.
    What's real? In my opinion, keeping it real is doing it for the love of it not for pay cheque. It's being true to yourself.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    You don't mean "Pump Pump Pump it up" by any chance? That's a Joe Budden song but it was used in 2 Fast 2 Furious which Ludacris was in.

Cheers M8! Thats the one! I loved that film! Thats where i heard the track and Ludacris is one of my favourite Hip Hop artists! Thanks again!! xx;) :) :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Why isn't there a 'no newby, serious discussion' button when you post a thread :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think he's the hottest

Sorry, it just had to be taken out of context! :D

Seriously though, how does one define 'Real'? Does having some kind of experience on the 'street' actually have any effect on one's musical skill? I certainly wouldn't think so. It's rubbish imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Um...you aren't referring to the legendary pump pump pump it up old school track from the eighties that Joe Budden might have totally destroyed recently are you?

Originally posted by Klimseven
    Um...you aren't referring to the legendary pump pump pump it up old school track from the eighties that Joe Budden might have totally destroyed recently are you?

I am referring to that song that Joe Budden released recently! As a lover of Hip Hop, i love that track! :) I never heard that old song from the eighties that u are talkin about :dunno: That Joe Budden track reminds me of hangin out wit my old scool frends every time i hear it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
    I haven't heard the Joe Budden track cause Joe Budden is $hit (imo)...
    ...not sure if it's a cover of that old school track but I'm sure it's a piece of blinging, egotistical bull$hit in comparison :D
    ...lover of hip-hop, lol, Joe Budden is embarrassing...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by KittyKat
    I am referring to that song that Joe Budden released recently! As a lover of Hip Hop, i love that track! :) I never heard that old song from the eighties that u are talkin about :dunno: That Joe Budden track reminds me of hangin out wit my old scool frends every time i hear it.:)

A/S/L?????

A/S/L?????

18/f/Clonmel & u?

18/m/cork wanna meet up?

I dont even no u!!:(

I look like Keanu Reaves, I like hip hop and long walks on the beach. You go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

get a room you two

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement