Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

p800 unlocking

• 17-02-2004 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of an easy way to unlock an Orange branded uk sony ericsson p800. Will it cost much? Im looking for as cheap as possible, i.e. free or close to it as ive shelled out enough on the phone!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thought sharkman offered that to you after your first post in this thread?

btw, out of interest how much did it set you back (total)?

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

got mine for €340 thru here (from XDA) :)

Brian, do u know, is there a dowloadable video clip recorder upgrade for the P800 like there is for the 7650? or would even the one for the 7650 work on it?

cant seem to find one anywhere, yet the phone itself has a video clip *player* as part of the OS

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Well i ended up getting 2 of them, as the brother was after 1 too ! One cost 147 sterling total, the other 157 sterling total.
    One of them is brand new. A damn sight cheaper than I'd get them for here i think.

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    Brian, do u know, is there a dowloadable video clip recorder upgrade for the P800 like there is for the 7650? or would even the one for the 7650 work on it?

there is - but it's not free, although it can run as a trial so you can check it out - posted about it here

Series 60 (7650/3650 etc.) produced applications will not run on the P800, it uses a different 'version' of the Symbian Operating system

BrianG

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Expansys UK have 8 O2 XDA's available @ £174 .

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sharkman
    Expansys UK have 8 O2 XDA's available @ £174 .

were you looking to post that in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

so, dya think the free one u can download for the 7650 would run? Coz then there would be no need to pay ;)

B

oops sorry - that was me changing the sentence while on the phone and trying to get out the door earlier - so it sounded like a contradiction as i left out the most imporant work "not" :o - it was supposed to read:

Series 60 (7650/3650 etc.) produced applications will not run on the P800, it uses a different 'version' of the Symbian Operating system

the .sis files are compiled / produced for one platform e.g. Series 60 (for 7650/3650 etc.) won't work on another platform e.g. UIQ (for P800/P900)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Hi L5,

I have the unlocking cable for Ericsson Phones too, I'll unlock them for you FOC if you can get them to me by some means.

I'm in Cork.

XDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Thanks for the offer, but the postage and all that would make it too expensive.
    Thanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

What exactly are you looking for ??? You have two offers of free unlocking !

Do you want someone to pay you to unlock the phones , cos thats the only way I can figure out that it would be cheaper !!!

Advertisement