Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free pop3 email

Options
  • 17-02-2004 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    When I was back on dialup I always used to use the ISPs pop 3 email service. Now since I've moved to Irishbroadband I can only check the mail in these accounts but cannot send emails. AFAIK IBB dont offer free email services so I'm wondering if any of the irish providers have pop3 which i can check and send emails on when not connected through their dialup, if you know what I mean.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Have you tried using "mail.irishbroadband.ie" or "smtp.irishbroadband.ie" as the outgoing mail server(leaving the incomming server as it is)? I have no idea if it'll work or not(those servers might not even exist) but could be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

JohnK, you're a freakin genius. Works perfectly. Why didn't I ask earlier, I've been strugglng with hotmail for a year!! Thanks very much.

Advertisement