Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Science Day!!

Options
  • 17-02-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Science Day is coming up on Thursday, and it'll clean the floor of all the other faculty days. I'm going to be female for the day. Dr Salthouse'll be great, i so want to go to that this year. Any other UCD science students here? Any UCDites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

What does a science student use for contraceptive?
    Their personality.

Have fun, I missed Law Day due to tonsilitis, I was gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm i thought that was trinity students ah well

yep ucd sci student here, undoubtedly though i'll be in a lecture at 9 and 12 and lab 2 to 6 yeah for me :(. made up for though by the science ball next tuesday and the fact that some of 3rd and 4th physics are going paintballing on the 27th against other physics colleges round the country oh yeah should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

i'll be in a lecture at 9 and 12 and lab 2 to 6
    Lectures are cancelled... or are you in final year or something?

I saw Dr Salthouse! He was so cool! He's a chemistry lecturer, but he does experiments that they don't show you in school. His most repeated phrase was "... so it should burn". It was deadly.
    What does a science student use for contraceptive?
    Their personality.
    Thought that was accointants/arts student/(non-science student).

Went in drag for the day, all my friends said it was "distrubingly believeable". Not sure how to take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye final year and stuff with the result being i'm about to start a report instead of being in the bar, however science ball next week so its all good.

couldn't go to dr. salthouse said i'd go to the lab then found my supervisor had go to it :) if only i had of known... ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

As last years Chair I'd like to preempt the final total and congratulate Sci Day '04 on raising 60k this year for Crumlin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

congratulate Sci Day '04 on raising 60k this year for Crumlin!
    Cool! I still have to give in my sponsorship money (I got €120).

If you look in the most recent Observer, there is an article on page 4 saying that "Faculty Days raise over €30k for charity" In that article it says that Arts day raised about €7,500. Right beside that article, there is another article that says "Science Day kissathon raises €7,000 for charity". Puts it in perspective.
    One can also say that "Science Day 04 broke the record for a faculty day, which was last set by Science Day 03"... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

figure is approaching 70k at this stage, with the ball to come. may reah it. We always joked that the jock walk made more than arts day. Its just gone gloabl in the last two years. A lot of hard work goes into it though

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Treasurer here (nods in agreement to the reported sum:)

Advertisement