Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Home page new images

Options
  • 18-02-2004 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

If you were doing it, what images would you put in place instead of the current ones on the home page : www.boards.ie/new.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

get rid of that skateboard crappy image (which i'm sure i read in your post originally?) with nearly anything else anything i tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dunno if i'd change anything it looks class

but i would center everything though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Swastikas. Everywhere.

And some pictures of Kevo too. Kevos and swastikas. Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

that looks really cool, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

very nice ... :)

only problem is the grey colour used on the links you have clicked on... <see attachment> - hard to see

any chance of seeing the same design in blue - like the present blue colour ...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Aye the page itself is pretty cool, whoever is working on it is doing a good job. I dunno if this is the place to suggest changes to it hough. I think there might be a thread on feedback suggestion s somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

According to Dev, the main screen is still going to get a lot more work done to it. There's going to be a feedback thread closer to it's completion date too.

Slightly off-topic, but anwyay, some general things about the page in genreal:

- The lime-green colour looks out of place and the holes don't add anything to the page.
    - The thread list needs to be made bigger.
    - when I sign in, I want my password promt to go away.
    - there's too much "white space". Rather than having a few large blank patches, there should be more smaller ones, spacing things out a bit more.
    - I have no interest in skaters, ostriches, black babies nor mice.
    - why not just have the "logout" button where the "login" button was - i.e. the login button disappears when you log in.
    - A people that interested in people's journals that they have to be on the front page?

I'll post the things I like about it next :)

Image-wise. Hmm.
    Perhaps something with an Irish link?
    Dev's chessy (almost gay) grin from the Irish Times article?
    Hey! have the Boards Guys been sacked or what?! Get them on there!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

personally, I think this button belongs on every website

button1.gif

:ninja:

I like it, but it's still in development, I think some new images need to be put in to replace the generic ones, but I presume that's already in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Originally posted by Sinecure

- The lime-green colour looks out of place and the holes don't add anything to the page.
    i agree bout the holes but i kinda like the green, it needs to be used more though instead of having it on its own there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Not bad nice and modern looking. A few things though

- Recent posts definately does need to be bigger, maybe resize or get rid of events post-its

- The colours scheme is nice. The green could be used a little more though

-The holes are links I take it, but how do we know what theyre for without waiting for the alt text. Theyre a little pointless at the moment.

- My browser is loading it with a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that moves literally a fraction of a centimetre. May just be my browser but its kinda annoying.

- The user name and pass should change to "Welcome [Enter user name here]" once a user is logged in.

Just my 2 cents. Overall it looks great just a couple of little things.

Ohhh yes and down with the skateboard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

revised.png

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It doesn't look as bad as that on Firebird for some reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Lol, PrecariousNuts, you should charge for that pressional service.

(you forget the "B+ Try harder next time" by the way...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

very nice work, few things i think would make it better though, the lime green and the blue scroll bars look kind outta place, so maybea colour change and also i think the layout needs work, ie. more centralised and symetric, but other than that, its great:)

edit: n'mind the scroll bars, i was looking at pn's xp image :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

lose the stock photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Large banners of fine looking men across the top would be nice with a link to the Gay and lesbian Board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Rock Climber
    Large banners of fine looking men across the top would be nice with a link to the Gay and lesbian Board :)
    you might as well shutdown boards and forward the url to gaydar. :rolleyes:

adnans

Advertisement