Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 18-02-2004 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Why was word of the day locked?
    Wont ecksor be mad:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

scratch that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

O.K.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think there's a lack of understanding about how boards works here.

boards does exactly what I want it to and doesn't actually impose any limits upon me. Locked threads aren't locked to me. Timestamps aren't constant to me. Over the weekend I was going to be away, so I made arrangements for a post to be made in my absence from the boards at queue to ensure that a word has been set (I haven't missed a word yet in over 300 days and I don't intend to miss any for a long time to come). Due to a little oddity over how the time is set on the server where the script runs from and how the time is set on the server where the database is, vader thought someone was out to get him yet again. I was slightly amused to return home on Sunday to discover that it isn't just people that he's paranoid about. Still, to prevent such feelings of oppression in future, I'll simply lock that thread a couple of minutes before midnight each night so that such misunderstandings don't arise again. The mods can take the matter of opening it into their own hands if a problem arises.

cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement