Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sbs2003 - dropping connection intermittently

Options
  • 18-02-2004 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

anyone come across nt4.0 clients losing connection to a SBS2003 server intermittently - when it drops the server cant be pinged , by either name or ip addr , but if i ping another device on the network , it comes back up again .
    DNS clinter/server settings look right , and the clients had no issues on a previous nt4 box .
    this has me baffled !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

forget about dns, if you cant even ping the ip then it sounds like a faulty nic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 m0wgl1

if it was a faulty nic , how come I can ping another machine and then server pings come back ? - I think it's the system registering a duplicate ip or possibly a problem with the arp cache , but I'm not sure how to look for it - thanks for the reply anyway

Advertisement