Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Char Room VS Message Board

Options
  • 18-02-2004 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

The ultimate duel is upon us! Who will be victorious in this most dangerous of all duels! How many times can I say 'duel' in one thread? So let the duel begin!

Which is better? The Phantom Message board or the Phantom Chat room?

I vote for the chatroom... come on, it's where howard_the_duck hangs out.

And blame the weatherman for this thread. It was his idea! Unless it's entertaining... then it was all me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

i hear those message board people marry their cousins. that is like so eww! totally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I'd be careful there yourself, wea. They say once you reach 100 posts, your 2nd cousins begin to become turn ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Pfft!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

heheh, botha re equally useful at different times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

It's got to be the messageboard for me. :)
    I can't even get into the chat-room anymore for some weird reason. Will go and try again now.......
    But the board still wins out in my opinion.
    It's just better.
    See?
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

message board.

simply because i don't bother with the other malarky.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Chat room, just for the crazy international multi cultural thing its got going on.

Plus amber used to use it and she is cool. Go Bjork!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I met amber and she's loverly.
    I like the chat room. I don't use the message board much coz I forget about it.
    But I like...have to read attractive nuns posts. I've decided to stalk him.

Woo! My very own female stalker! You're no longer needed, weatherman! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

the bees are on the what now?

(simpsons reference)

• Advertisement

now-a-days the bees are on flowers I believe... but don't quote me on that? anyone know where rockie is putting that pic she took??!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'm a chat-room person myself. Although I haven't had the net at home for months, so I can't use the chatroom any more. I miss you guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Originally posted by The Weatherman
    i hear those message board people marry their cousins. that is like so eww! totally!

I'd just like to distance myself from this comment.....plenty of distance, that's right....nothing to do with me......lalala.

Originally posted by legofsalmon
    now-a-days the bees are on flowers I believe... but don't quote me on that? anyone know where rockie is putting that pic she took??!!??

She said she was gonna put it on this site so I'd guess it'll be somewhere around the pictures section. Our secret identities will be destroyed!

Oh, in true chat room fashion, *Attractive Nun congratulates himself on misspelling 'chat' in the title of this thread and only noticing now* Well done, sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

I have to go with the Chatroom on this one - for the international thing! Where else can you type/talk to someone from Norway, California, Boston, Texas, Ireland of course, and even Italy? I've talked to some great people in that crazy room and a few have even become friends, so yeah... I gotta say the Chatroom on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by The Weatherman
    the bees are on the what now?

(simpsons reference)

You just solved the argument with that....

Stupid chat room people pointing out that something is a simpsons quote...
    Us message board people dont need to be told!

And yes I know I am seen in the chat room but definitely message board all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I will hopefulyl put it up on this messagebaord!

ah my secret identity will be ruined!! noooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 DeadlyNiteshade

well i vote chatroom because i nearly live there! and without it id never know all the great people i talk to :D well grim, christi,and 666sweetheart........... the rest are nice......in a weird stalker kinda way....em.....but i guess beggers cant be choosers!

Oh oh I see who's NOT included in your little list of joy!!! :D

Well, if that's how it's going to be just watch me make my own list! Oh, you're in for it now, NiteShade!! If that is your real name...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

Wehey!......Nunbean, I was first mentioned on the list :p
    Rockie!!! No! Don't post the pic!! I didn't want to be in it in the first place.... a warning to readers! ''SHIELD YOUR EYES!!''

Chatroom wins, without doubt! (Gots my own corner! And to put it into Nun's terms... Go my corner!!) Feel free to join me whenever you visit the COOL chatroom of COOL chatters! Message board is good for messages, for info etc... but for the real interaction, CHATROOM WINS!!! Peoples there are great! We get to hear Rockie slag off poor Wacker, and get suprise visits form PETIE!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

(Pete: If you read this... Where's my backstage passes?? Any news on 'em yet??)

Go grimbean's corner!!!

I prefer the message board, don't like the chat room any more...

The original attraction to it came from being able to talk to the posters from the forum but it doesn't happen like that any more.

It's lost it's appeal and I don't go in very often or if I do it's only for a wee while to see if anyone I know from Real Life (tm) is there

Probably the fact that the majority of the people in the chat room are younger than me too is a bit off putting. (not intended as an afront)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 DeadlyNiteshade

ah nun, that was just a short version of my list, top 3 if you like, your in there my dear.........somewheres.......

Woo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hmmmm

If all you chat room people think it's much better then why are you here???

HA!

Oh and Amz speaks the truth!

....because.....well........<insert convincing and valid argument here>....that's why!

Once again, chat room wit has prevailed. :D

We are old skool!

noob.jpg

To be honest :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hehehe domo kun to the rescue, as always.

I must say I'm more of a message board man myself, even though I frequent the phantom chat room I visit more boards overall on the web. Plus the phantom chat room is the only one I use(yup consider yourself lucky girls :) )

Here's another for good measure

domo1-sm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

i prefer the phantom chatroom people coz they don't post annoying big pictures :)
    and every now and then sumone over the age of 15 is in there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement