Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure I understand

Options
  • 18-02-2004 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Not sure I understand why slieveb's thread was moved to the recycle bin. It seemed like a perfectly valid discussion. I can understand blatant trolls being dumped without comment, but if a thread like that which doesn't appear to break any obvious rules gets dumped surely the reason why whould be stated?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

if you have a problem, I would suggest you PM the moderator instead of setting up a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    if you have a problem, I would suggest you PM the moderator instead of setting up a thread

I don't have a problem, just a question. It wasn't intended as a criticisim, the original thread appeared to be a valid discussion on whether or not it is right to speculate on a public figure's sexuality. Such a discussion is proper to this forum. I'm unclear on why it was deleted, and the reason for its deletion may (or may not) be of interest to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I dumped it to the recycle bin because it contained hearsay and also there were complaints about its content. To me even debating whether we can debate if a soccer player is gay is not appropriate if it contains the initial rumour.

If you have a question about modding of threads a pm would do besides creating a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by yellum
    If you have a question about modding of threads a pm would do besides creating a new thread.

The tenor of that makes me think you've been spending a bit too much time in the company of your good friends the arbeit macht frei police...............

Originally posted by De Rebel
    The tenor of that makes me think you've been spending a bit too much time in the company of your good friends the arbeit macht frei police...............

Actually no I didn't wish for that to be the message, I was agreeing with Beruthiel. Was this thread directed to a moderator or everyone ? [edit] If you wanted everyone to discuss it fair enough, if you just wanted to discuss it with a moderator then a pm would be better.

Ah, implying I'm a Nazi. Thread locked. User banned. For life. For ever and ever and ever and then another day after that. (Not really)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

Yellum ain't a nazi and yes the thread was bad but it's only fair to discuss the reasons for things like this in public. Else we don't know/can't see that its fair. Yeah I know who said life is fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by De Rebel

People spreading rumors about your sexuality is not really acceptable, and Its not something I'd do if I was you in real life, how would you like it if I spread rumors about you being a peado. I've know people who have been beaten up, stabbed, even killed because people thought they might be gay, and If you accuse the wrong person of being gay, that person may come from a community that would require him to kill you or at least knock seven shades of green out of you, because not to do so would be equivalent to admitting you're right, you follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Originally posted by Skanger
    that person may come from a community that would require him to kill you or at least knock seven shades of green out of you, because not to do so would be equivalent to admitting you're right, you follow?

eh? What kind of unevolved community would this be then? Are you serious?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    A skanger community! By definition almost, skangers are a lower unevolved life form...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anywhere. Some places are alright, but most places, if your gay, your an outcast. And outcast's are an easy prey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Well the three lads from black rock college , "apparently" killed that guy because he accused one of them of being gay. So its not limited to any skanger community but all society really. In certain areas(more places then you would think) to be thought of as being gay is a death warrant hanging over yours head, which might be cashed in at any time. So your damn right if somebody accuses you of being gay in those situations your going to react, weather it is true or not.

Thread locked because its past its sell by date and its off topic. PM me please if you want this reopened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement