Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mozilla/firefox

Options
  • 18-02-2004 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just wondering if there's any issues or things i should watch out for when installing Mozilla on a windows 2000 PC.

Also, should I forget bout Mozilla and just install Firefox, or is it still a bit rough around the edges.

And, is Thunderbird the e-mail part of Firefox, or is it something different??

cheers,
    dalh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thunderbird is a seperate mail client from firefox.
    Afaik I know there's no issues with a win2k install.
    Just a case of suck it and see.

I would highly recommend using firefox and thunderbird. I wouldn't use anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

ah i dunno. firefox is ok I guess. Some cool features on it but sometimes it acts up, cant display some pages, and generally has a few minor glitches

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Originally posted by ando
    ah i dunno. firefox is ok I guess. Some cool features on it but sometimes it acts up, cant display some pages, and generally has a few minor glitches

Id agree with that, i use it on a win 2000 machine and it normally works fine but every now and then it fails to load a page and gives a document empty message. If i try it in IE it opens the page fine.

Case in point, when i first tried to reply to this thread it timed out with the empty document message. Could be something in my setup thats causing it but no other browser does it including mozilla. I had to post this in Ie - no tabs :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

FireFox doesn't try to integrate with anything - unless you make it your default browser or associate it with file types.
    Also removal is dead easy - just don't use it or delete the folder / shortcut. I

IE on the other hand ....

As for rough around the edges - Offically it is still only version 0.8 - until the first service release for version 1.0 you can consider it Beta.
    IE has been out for many years and is on major version 6 with service packs and patches and more web sites are designed specifically for it. It looks like it too will make a nice browser when it comes out of Beta.

Advertisement