Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to install Adaware - PROBLEM!

Options
  • 18-02-2004 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to install the latest version of Adaware and Spybot on my computer and I've been getting an error message saying that a required .dll file is missing.

WS2_32.DLL to be exact

Is it possible that some spyware has wiped this or where has it gone? How can I reinstall it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is a MS system file for windows

(Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL)

and as such every copy should have one. Have you checked you Windows CD? Failing that I guess I could e-mail the file. Or go here -

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ws2_32

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

one of the spyware progs has a link to a download called missingfilesetup.exe ! (no prizes) on its homepage. - Setups up MSCOMCTL.OCX et al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

yeah, its also linked to on the spybot faq

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cheers for that guys. Finally able to access hotmail and boards at a reasonable speed from my home connection.

Advertisement