Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitwzilliam - 19th

Options
  • 18-02-2004 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey,

I enjoyed losing my €30 so much the other night to MrPudding and lafortezza that I thought I'd give the fitz a try tomorrow night :) Is there still plans to meet up beforehand for a drink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Yes. My recommendation would be to call into the Fitz to register before going for a few pints. We almost didn't get in last week and Luke may be putting a cap on entrants. I will be going there around 8 to register and then onto the Henry Gratten.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Sounds good to me, I won't be drinking at all but I can meet you in henry grattan for 8pm or so.
    Or if anyone fancies a game of pool in fireworks then I'm game for that as well.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm up for pool and the Henry Grattan at 8. Looking to get to the final table this time, ideally winning a ticket!

DeV.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Yes. My recommendation would be to call into the Fitz to register before going for a few pints. We almost didn't get in last week and Luke may be putting a cap on entrants. I will be going there around 8 to register and then onto the Henry Gratten.

MrP

I thought registration didn't start until 21:00hrs?

Originally posted by Samson
    I thought registration didn't start until 21:00hrs?
    I think technically it starts at nine, but us inveterate gamblers will probably be allowed sign up a bit early. I'll have my game face on tonight. grrr

I'm finished work at about half 5, will be in fireworks for pool and food by about 5.45, so meet you lot in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

I might head to fireworks first..depends on how work goes today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have a severe inability to be in a pub and not drink pints so I will wait and go the the Henry Gratten shortly after 8. See you there guys.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll get there about 6:30. I too suffer from the debilitating problem of not being able to be in a pub and not drink but I get around it by cunningly drinking.

Cunning arent I.

DeV.

Yes, that is quite the cunning plan. So cunning, in fact, that you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel :)

I'm as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

First one there, grab a pool table.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Speaking of cunning (and moving away from blackadder for a second), what's the difference between a group of pygmies and a high-school girl's soccer team?

One's a bunch of cunning runts ...

;)

That didn't go down to well with the girls in my office..... thanks jediidjab.

I'll be in fireworks from about 5.30, I'll see whoever turns up there.

Who told you to tell that joke to girls? ;) Or do they just read boards.ie over your shoulder...heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You're all gambling and I'm in work. I think that makes you all stunning cunts.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - three aces in the flop and i lost to a pair of sevens (i had a pair of sixes). AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGH.

Fun night though :) I didn't have to buy-in which was one small victory anyway. Devore was kicking ass before I left -- should be interesting with him and MrPudding at the same table now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

im sick of this game, think ill try russian roulette

Mr Pudding seemed unable to give his chips away. I played the game of my life and I still am going through the hands in my head.... the last table was savage but incredibly fun (I took a few scalps at it too!)

My "mate" the (chinese?) guy who read me like a book was sitting accross from me at the last table with second biggest stack. He's a nice bloke actually but I told him if he winked at me again I was going to bash him but good! (He won a ticket to the big game too.)

I didnt get great cards all night but what I got stood up when the odds favoured it (which is always nice!)

Cant wait till the big game on Thursday just to see what the differences are!

DeV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

I only winked because I picked up a tell on you ;) ...incidentally if anyone reading this regularly plays Dev at poker then I'd be more than happy to reveal what it is ( its a true classic well worth the money etc etc ).

Highest bid by 5pm today wins it.

Oh, you can have final bid on it at that point Dev.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Hi Spiritus,

I think I know Devs tell already but Ill start the bidding at €10 to satisfy my curiosity.

See you both next Thursday. Mwaahahahaha!

;)

Originally posted by Spiritus
    I only winked because I picked up a tell on you ;)
    The only important thing is here whether or not Dev can figure out the tell, then just stop doing it or use it to bluff!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Spiritus
    I only winked because I picked up a tell on you ;) ...incidentally if anyone reading this regularly plays Dev at poker then I'd be more than happy to reveal what it is ( its a true classic well worth the money etc etc ).

Highest bid by 5pm today wins it.

Oh, you can have final bid on it at that point Dev.

:cool:

You are a bad bad man! I didnt realise you read boards (damn this site is too big these days).

It was a fun table last night, I dont know what the other second last table was like but ours was like something from Late Night Poker there was so much drama! (you seemed to be building a barricade between you and the other players with chips!)

Hey you have to come over and play in my place sometime, I've just bought a brand new welders mask....

DeV.

LOL i used to read and post on the CS boards.

So whens the next home game then?

And are you bidding?

heheheh bring it on... I didnt see you call me too often last night :p:p

The house games are fairly regular but not really planned... I'm playing Monday and Thursday this week so I'm probably going to be Pokered out (who am i kidding, I'm utterly addicted).

DeV.

LOL I knew there was a reason why u had so many chips ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I was watching table 1 for a while last night and saw Dev pick up a very big pot when he tried to steal a pot but got 2 callers then he hit the flush on the river. When things like that go for you, it seems like the easiest game ever. The 50/50's have not been going my way recently. Last night was all in for 3500 ish - blinds 300/600. Just wanted to rob the blinds really but had a pair of 7's in the pocket pre flop just incase. Someguy called himself all-in with KJ off suit for 2900. Crazy play but the jammy git hit a J and left me practically all-in on the big blind the next hand. Needless to say I was out soon after. The guy was a regular as well, wasn't very impressed with his call but there you go. Ah well still got my ticket for next week to console me - although it's gonna be practically impossible to beat last months excitement.

To be fair I had 7,9 clubs with only, what... 6 at the table. I was kinda caught with my hand in the cookie jar alright but I had left myself a couple of outs (with straights and flushes and what have you)... I was fncked right up to the river, 4 clubs and needing an 8 for a straight... what comes up... 8 of clubs for a flush and a straight (but not a straight flush unfortunately). I think everyone heard me roar when that hit on the river!

Very early on I went all in against AK and some other reasonable hand with pocket hooks and felt confident enough... flop brings me disaster (Aces, kings, you name it, something for everyone in the audience except me)... river brought me another jack to triple through! (Spiritus was wagging a finger at me at the break about that one hahahah...)

I actually only tried to rob twice the entire night, once the time Davey Devil saw (and I had left myself a few outs) and once at Mr Pudding and Jesters table when I stared one guy (to Jester's left) right out of it, I could see him buckle and its the first time I've ever done that before... I had absolutely squat. :)

most of the night I just threw the crud I got back... even when I did get high pairs they were mostly at the last table and I just took the blinds with them.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by DeVore
    Hey you have to come over and play in my place sometime, I've just bought a brand new welders mask....
    Hey, you said you were keeping that mint specially for Amp's (new, revised) gimp role.

Advertisement