Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money to an english bank account

Options
  • 18-02-2004 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi. i want to pay for some goods that i have bought, and was given a bank number, bank name, sort code , and the persons name. Its an english bank account. I went to aib, and they told me that i need the full address of the bank, and to pay a 12.50 fee. Is this information correct, or do i really need the full address of the bank.?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I think Bank of Ireland have started a new service whereby is only something like 50 cents to send money, not sure tho,

bit of a rip off at 12.50,

you can get a bank draft for nothing and send it to em, just another option

Or use service such as paypal,,, www.paypal.com which now has european settings

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by shepthedog
    I think Bank of Ireland have started a new service whereby is only something like 50 cents to send money, not sure tho,
    This only applies to person to person transactions within the euro area.
    Originally posted by shepthedog
    you can get a bank draft for nothing and send it to em, just another option
    Charges are levied for bank drafts (incl Sterling draft). They are also not secure.

Advertisement