Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Camping spots in Laragh/Glendalough??

• 18-02-2004 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

Anyone know of any good camping spots (official or not) in the Laragh/Glendalough area (or hostels even)? The An Oige hostel is full Saturday night. Need to know by this weekend..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

if you are gong to camp wild be discreet, I'm sure you are aware that it is part of a national park so you may not get a site within staggering distance from the pub without hassle from the authorities. If you are climbing and a member of a mci club why not try getting into the climbers hut owned by, i think, the imc. Its been about 10 years since I stayed there and back then they welcomed others. Its handy for the pub but a bit basic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Aye thanks.. It doesn;t seem like the kinda place that would be too welcoming to 'non-paying' campers (or 'non-paying' visitors in general!). I was at the IMC hut myself about the same time ago! Basic's the word alright. I have no connection with the IMC so I didn't bother pursuing that! Ended up heading home after 'day 2' (arrived Glendalough) as my inexperienced walking partner was starting to have outer-body experiences at that stage :p and I wasn't in great shape either!

Great walk though and a great weekend for it! Bit nippy mind you..

Advertisement