Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Near-dead laptop into a DVD player?

Options
  • 18-02-2004 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have acquired a laptop with a knackered HD. I was wondering if anyone's aware of a DOS-based DVD player that I could run of a floppy so I could still use it as a DVD player. Failing that, an AVI/Divx player for DOS would also interest me. Or would a live Linux distro do the trick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭omathuna

There maybe something for you on this page.
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/linux/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by fatherdougalmag
    Hi all,
    I have acquired a laptop with a knackered HD. I was wondering if anyone's aware of a DOS-based DVD player that I could run of a floppy so I could still use it as a DVD player. Failing that, an AVI/Divx player for DOS would also interest me. Or would a live Linux distro do the trick?

Could use a boot from CD Linux distro, like Knoppix or simply replace the HDD..

Matt

Advertisement