Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please educate me.....

Options
  • 08-10-2000 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

as to why on ever other irish server apart from the quake 3 servers I can get a ping of 190+ which is playable and why on Vishnu I get an amazing 999+ plz someone tell me why

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

vishnu is gay
    or maybe its ure connect to vishnu
    who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yeah Greenhell, from what I saw of your ping it was **** man.

First of all check you have the correct internet quake3 settings. Makesure you have a rate of between 3000 and 4500, a snaps of between 20-30 and cl_maxpackets of 20-30. One of these settings could be ****ed up giving you the crap connection but it's most likely an ISP problem.

If it's an ISP problem : do a tracert on vishnu.ign.ie, see is there any problems, like major pl on any hops.

Look into another ISP, I know you use Esat SNL but for matches you could use an ISP like Ocean, Eircom or Indigo - who all do free modem dialups.... so whenever you go to play a match you'd switch to one of these isps who give much better pings to vishnu.ign.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

thx man I am trying em out now biggrin.gif

10 hops with iol nolimits ffs

[This message has been edited by GREENHELL (edited 08-10-2000).]

Advertisement