Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you pay for this rig?

• 18-02-2004 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

or rather, how much is it worth?

Computer Rig

Silver zorro case with 2 case fans (1 blue led on side see through panel and 1 blue strobe led at back of case (you can control this with the switch on it) - picture of case can be found here - http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/zorro-silver.jpg

BenQ 17" TFT monitor (16ms response time, 1280x1024 75hz max) perfect for gaming

Abit AN-7 Motherboard

AMD Athlon XP3000+ barton 512k cpu

1Gb TwinMos Dual PC3200 DDR Ram

Ati Radeon 9800 Pro (128mb ddr) with Zalman heat pipe cooler and fan

Arctic Cooler Copper Heatsink

Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Antec True power 480w PSU

Maxtor 120gb IDE HDD (Master)

Maxtor 80gb IDE HDD (Slave)

LG cd-rw (52x12x52) (master)

Dvd Rom (Slave)

Standard floppy drive

MSI TV @nywhere Master, Tv-Tuner, Stereo, PCI Retail (TV/Radio Tuner Card)

Microsoft intelli keyboard

Logitech MX310 Optical 5 button Mouse

Comes complete with 30/35 games (basically fills up my 43 space DvD rack) and a USB device so you can use your ps2 controller on your pc (have a spare one aswell so you can use upto 3 ps2 controllers, have 2 ps2 pads, two official sony ones although one is crystal see through blue colour)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i guess you would be talking 1.6k-2000 in the shops

I would pay around 1,000-1,400 euro i guess for a set up like that

why you selling your Pooter ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Depends on what the games were. Is it new?

You would pick it up new online for about e1600-1800. Shops would prolly charge about e2200. Not including the games in that estimate.

2nd hand I wouldn't pay any more than e1300.

BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

well i'd be intereste in that TFT if you were :)

is that the one with the speakers? was looking at on overclockers, any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

i guess you would be talking 1.6k-2000 in the shops

I would pay around 1,000-1,400 euro i guess for a set up like that
    Yeah same here, tis a nice package.
    You'd probably get more trying to sell the games and extras seperately... I think there's a whole underlying feeling of having to pay for extra stuff that appears to be thrown in, if ye get me.

You thinking of giving up the nerd lifestyle chief? :)
    Or are you trading down to a laptop? :ninja:
    Many a time I've thought of selling my rig and having a nice holiday to the bahamas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by quarryman
    well i'd be intereste in that TFT if you were :)

is that the one with the speakers? was looking at on overclockers, any good?

yes its an ace monitor, ive used it for the past couple of months now and ive not been dissapointed. Overclockers is where i got it yeh. 300 sterling it came to with delivery charges to dublin incase your wondering
    why you selling your Pooter ?
    You thinking of giving up the nerd lifestyle chief? :)

who said im selling? :p , this is merely a pimpage thread :p as ive been working for the past couple of months gettiing it all together the way i want it (maxing out my credit card and taking out a unneeded loan from the bank :p)
    Depends on what the games were. Is it new?

everything pretty much in the machine is basically next to brand new if not brand new...

Games, mostly more recent ones (FPS / couple of rpg (NWN etc) and action games etc, with a few strategy games aswell and some more), only ones not that new are kingpin/half life and a couple of others..
    Many a time I've thought of selling my rig and having a nice holiday to the bahamas

very VERY tempting i must say!

now i just need to get that dvd writer on komplett and my rig will be complete (for the time being atleast.. :D)

apologies for the pimping thread, just finally glad ive got it all together and couldnt quite work out just how much i spent overall on it so wondered how much it would actually be worth in one piece..

feel free to pimp your own now though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

My main pc will stay the same till the new Amd 64 socket and pci express come out in a few months time

Antec sontana + 2 120mm fans
    380w psu antec psu
    2600xp barton 333mhz
    512meg Pc2700 ocz
    Asus motherboard
    Geforce 5900lx
    80 gig 7200 rpm 8 meg cache
    Dvd player

I will upgrade to the new amd 64 socket motherboard and a the 64 cpu + 1 gig of pc 3200 ram (2 512meg sticks)

The rest of my pc is pritty decent

Btw cheif nice pc....ill be around to your house to kill you and take it later on
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

1300 at most.

Advertisement