Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ3CL Rules regarding foreign players

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Pretty wise yourself aren't you?? :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

A couple of problems:

1. For every foreign Ninja we allow into an irish clan to "raise the standard" an irish player sits on the benches.

2. Not everyone plays to get better nor wants to get walloped by a team of ninjas (Irish or Foreign). Its pathetic enough when the really bad mismatches get played as it is (anyone remember CW v Bloodangels? or Reaper singlehandedly drawing with Phx? Ok, the second one was amusing...)

It seems to me that there are two desires here. Firstly for us to raise the national standard for people like Ser Koopa and for people who aspire to be as good as they are etc. Secondly the desire to have a fun local league where "everyone's a winner" (bleuch! but you know what I mean)

These cant be resolved and I agree with Mike's earlier long post (I have to go lie down now).

Why not have an Irish League and an Irish Open. The Irish league is the IQ3CL as it is and as it is underway already.

The Irish Open being made up of any team who wish to enter from anywhere, run by Irish admins on Irish servers.

The foreign teams will take it seriously since their carefully crafted net-reps depend on it. Imagine... "4K defeated in Irish league, placed 4th!!" The fact that they defaulted 3 games wont do much to contain that headline.

Just some thoughts.

[FH] - DeV smile.gif
    Prepare to be splashed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by DeVore:
    A couple of problems:

1. For every foreign Ninja we allow into an irish clan to "raise the standard" an irish player sits on the benches.

thats it exactly. the irish league means a lot more to irish ppl than it would to foreign ones who don't konw the opposition, and the rivalry and stuff. if there was an english person who was fully dedicated to the clan, i would prefer to play and irish person, even if he's not as good, because the game is for fun, and the irish person will get a lot more fun than an english person (unless he is active in the community and knows the clans and the players or whatever).

i think it would be insane to play a foreign person who is not even dedicated to the clan, and is in more than 1 clan, in the iq3cl. then an irish person who really wants to play has to sacrifice their place to somebody who is not fully committed to the clan, and who does not feel the same way about playign in the irish league.

i know its different in the case of PS who don't have enough players atm, but thats why i don't think all 8 clans in the league will recruit a load of l33t foreigners for the purpose of winning the iq3cl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

i think the irish open should have loads of deadly prizes & money for the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

mighty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement