Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickering Blue Monitor

• 18-02-2004 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have a fairly decent pc and only in the last week my monitor has a blue tint on the screen, you can can still work as normal but the blue tint can be annoying...

Flat screen 17'' IBM monitor
    P4 3.2GhZ
    1.5GB DDR 3200 RAM
    120 Gb HD (7200RPM)
    128Mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    Creative Labs 5.1 Audigy2 Audio Card
    Creative Speakers Megaworks 550THX, 5.1
    NEC - DVD-ROM
    TEAC - DVD +R/+RW

I got so sick of it last night that I shock the monitor and the blue tint went for a while then came back...as you can understand I don't want to have to shake the monitor when this blue tint appears, any other easier remedies for solving the problem...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

make sure the connection at back of PC is secure... its usually a dodgy monitor connection... hope your monitor has a loose vga cable as you can change it.. if its hard wired then you are fudged.. i would assume a flat screen has seperate cable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dublinguy

Could be the cable Alright...I'll change it out and see what happens..hopefully it does the job

Advertisement