Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP dating website

Options
  • 18-02-2004 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey im 21 and currently in the middle of my third year Computing with Multimedia project which is a dating website which allows you to rate it members etc. omething like hotornot but a little more complex.
    Anyway im using php for the most of it but im having a little trouble creating inboxes and messages for the seperate users. Would any of you have any sort of tips for me or maybe a website where i could view some samples.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

i found the easiest way to do this is to

1] download a PHPBB forum

2] look at the makeup of the following tables
    phpbb_privmsgs
    phpbb_privmsgs_text

after a little experimentation you should be able to tell what all the fields do

then just adapt your code to this system

if you need more info just lemmie know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I can't imagine it could be that hard.. just add an extra table to your database for it...

id, to_id, from_id, date, subject, message, read

and display as normal within the protected (logged in user) part of the site...

on the other hand maybe the latter (logging in and sessions) is what you require help with.. if so just take a look at the page for session_start() on php.net and work from there (thers a few good tutorials on devshed.net)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

Hey thanks for the ideas, im going to try some of that now. Still sort of learning PHP so any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement