Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my Modem

• 18-02-2004 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have recently upgraded my PC to Xp. I have an US Robotics 56K external modem which connects to the internet at 45k at dial up. But the download speeds are really bad, it can take minutes to download a normal page. (~0.1 K/sec).

I have used my laptop to connect and it runs as normal at 4K/sec, so the ISP is OK.

I have tried new drivers for the modem but no change also the modem worked fine on XP on a different machine.

Any suggestions on what to change to get it working better?
    I will try an internal modem I have to see if that is better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

I used to use an external 56k modem that did the same thing as yours seems to be doing.

I ended up locking the speed of the modem down my forcing it to use v34 instead of v90 and it worked.

The modem string I used for this is:
    ATS7=60S19=0L0M1&M4&K1&A3S32=98&H1&R2&I0B0X4

If you don't know where to put that in to try it then gimmie a PM or post again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭omathuna

Thanks I will give it a try tonight.

Advertisement