Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

course/sessions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    wow, session 2 must be the new black...

and what in plod's name is talk science??

talking about science

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

cept since they're not allowed put people on the campbeds

REALLY? nazi's had me sleeping on the floor last session
    when did this start??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm back! :D
    God I can hear the collective groan! Been away for a while. Feckin computer committed suicide a few months ago. Anyhoo.... choices are:
    Psychology
    Philosophy
    Japanese
    IR
    (Not sure about the order of the last two)

Why are they not allowed subject us to the torment of those things any more? That was all I remember from session two '02!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

I was thinkin doing session 2 theoretical physics. It looks pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

Session 2, rez, hopin for Corp business but not sure yet.I didn't tink any1 wud go for theoretical physics.Y such intrest?

Hi to all my fans btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I sent off my form today as follows:
    Ses2, Res
    1st choice: Psychology
    Alts: philosophy, international history, jap language and culture

the was a camp-bed in my room last year when did the no campbeds thing come about?
    and is it just me or did they put up the qualifying mark this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They're only allowed have camp beds in corner rooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

hewwo. me'sa is thinkin writing for life, philosophy, advertising, international relations. i re-heally hope i get my first choice....how is everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

heya marc how the divil are you? haven't seen you in ageeeessssss. good choices there. i thought you were doind medicine or something. anyhoo i'm babbling. i sent off my form, international relations first choice, then philosophy and writing for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

Since when Is Japanese Language and Culture a science and not a humanity? Or am I an ignorant? Anyway hello everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful time this summer, And all enjoy yourselves. Hopefully Erin will be coming to stay with me and we can come up and see you all for a day. Im sorry I disappeared from the boards, a close friend of mine died in November, and since then Ive moved out of home too to live near my school for my leaving cert. Independance is mine, not that I want it! Well anyway, Im on e-mail if anyone wants to say hi, And I love ya all and hope you are all well. Just finished my pres today. ahhh.
    Keep Smiling and I hope you all get some course yous are happy with-

- Roisin Garvey -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Well now that all the forms have all been sent off and stuff... what IS everyone doing? What did y'all put down as your first choice and what Session?

I've put down Art Design as my first choice. Has anyone done that before? If so... what the hell is it? What do you do in it I mean? Also, my two friends are coming this year. Anyone who's doing Writing For Life, be meeeean to them :D Trust me, they deserve it.

Who from Session 1 last year is coming to Session 2 this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I'm going back to session 1 this year....curse my parents and their forcing me to go to spain last year, and thus the subsequent attending of session 2. But yeah, residential as per the usual, and hopefully Computer Applications. If not, Modern Mathematics, and if i don't get one of those two, I'm going home tbh :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

im so insanely jealous of all of you who can go back. it is so long until i can go back to ctyi as a counselor. i wish i wasnt too old, its so not fair. anyhow, i dont really think any of you will remember me, its been probably a year since i was last here. im clare from alaska, session 1, 2001 and 2002 i think.yeah. wow that was too long ago. i miss you all madly and i still remember the things i did at ctyi nearly every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

How could we ever forget you clare?! :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I sent off writing for life and art design. I think, anyway. Twas all so long ago...
    Anyone got their reply thing yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

I haven't got my reply yet but I remember waiting ages last year for it, so I think they send them off pretty late every year.
    I hope it comes soon... I want to be sure they're letting me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Ah! Never thought of that! What if I don't get in? That would suck!

I'm not going to get in. I know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

of course they'll let you in. of course. they have to, i mean, it's people like you and me who they HAVE to let in. of course. obviously. of course. we'll get in.

yeah, we won't get in
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by Peterfing

I've put down Art Design as my first choice. Has anyone done that before? If so... what the hell is it? What do you do in it I mean?

art design is fab - it was my favourite course i think. you draw, doodle, paint, listen to music, go on field trips, learn about design as "problem-solving", write some pretty short essays about good designs and bad designs, and have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Yay! Art Design! Thank you for instilling me with confidence Qwidgybo.

• Advertisement

Got my course confirmation today. my last choice Economics and the only reason i put that down was cos of my dad. another year of boring/ish class. Philosophy as first choice would've made me so much happier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Ah dont worry about it economics isn't so bad. I did it last year, knew nothing about economics but still had a great time, the instructor's a great laugh. Learned nothing bout economics but it was a laugh!
    Got psychology sesh 2 this year. Anyone else get psych?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

okay i hope everyone's going to session two cos i wanna go visit and well, i'm only going once.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

*wonders whether i actually know enough people to head out to santry this year....if i dont then its a sad, sad time.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

Originally posted by :D mags :D
    Ah dont worry about it economics isn't so bad. I did it last year, knew nothing about economics but still had a great time, the instructor's a great laugh. Learned nothing bout economics but it was a laugh!

Yeah it's alrite - the stuff is boring as hell but Steven is pretty sound - expect loads of bad jokes though.

Originally posted by mr. scanger
    Yeah it's alrite - the stuff is boring as hell but Steven is pretty sound - expect loads of bad jokes though.

I'll tell him you said that.... (he lectures my friends at college.... :oooh: ) :P

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

heya people!!
    dunno, who actually remembers me but I see a few familiar people(Neil, Teapot, Maggie, Fio and of course Bob) in this thread alone.

just to let you know I'm going to be RA for both sessions this year!!
    All Hail Me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

he dermo as an ra, excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

NOOOOOOOO! don't you ever get sick of it?? ah no, only messin, i have 'goodbye to the canteen orange juice' playing in the background every day!

I got my first choice, philosophy (pity emmet, you'd be fun in class! Ask nicely on the first day and i'm sure they'll squeeze ya in!).

It's really weird that it's my last year, very weird. And there'll be hardly anyone there that i no. even scarier. I still feel so young!

Anyhoo, Neil, feel free to come to Santry and see what you're missing, altho it does seem the old days are gone and it's becoming a little more 'normal' dare i say it! Not that i help things much but anyway.....

Excuse the rambling, i've got a cold during the warmest period of the year so far - just a little ironic!

C y'all, session 2!
    O

• Advertisement

Whooot Dermo!!! :)

I'm an TA for session 1 and an RA for session 2. :)

<< Fio >>

Advertisement