Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to Freedb

• 18-02-2004 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Trying to rip my cd collection to MP3 format but i cant seem to connect to Freedb today, was working yesterday.....but not the day before. Using Audiograbber, CDex or EAC all getting errors when i try to connect along the lines of "Cant Connect: Connection Refused" or some such. Anyone else having similar problems.

Im on dial up through UTVXL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Working fine for me on UTVIP, what server are you using? my ripper is set to this: "freedb.freedb.org:80/~cddb/cddb.cgi - Random freedb server" and it always works. Although I rarely use it now since I downloaded the database to my hdd; 99% of the time it gets the info locally, very handy when offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yep, mine is set to the same. Random Server. Have set Audiograbber to go to specific servers also and it gives the same result. If i make it go to a nonsense address it comes back with a different message saying it cant connect so i guess when i have it set to a proper server it is contacting it but refusing the connection for some mad reason....Anyone?

Didnt realise i had so many cds with 40 tracks on em....

Advertisement