Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My laptop case id cracked!

• 18-02-2004 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a small crack on the case of my laptop(behind the lcd screen) today. I don't think my warranty will cover it as they could argue it's due to carelessness on my part. Is there anything that can be done to stop it expanding (everything still works perfectly)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

hey,
    Just a Question is your laptop a dell? and when did u buy it? cause a mate of mine is doin buisess in UCD and they all had to get laptops so the college bought them in bulk through dell, at the end of last year all the cases on all the computers had to be refitted due to cracks in the casin!! the plastic couldn't handle the heat or the amount of use that they were put through, i think is what my friend said!!

but to let u know that they covered that under warranty!!
    whether the just did that to stay in with UCD or not i dont know!!

just to let u know

Philip:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No, twas made by Packard Bell. I'm glad to hear those Dell ones were covered by the warranty though. I'm going to keep pestering the guys at Packard Bell until they fix it for me as I only bought it last October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

If it's a stress crack they should repair it under the warranty.

Laptops are known for developing cracks usually directly behind the hinges on the LCD... and more often than not they're repaired under warranty if you're persistant enough.

Advertisement