Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deane Withdraw's

Options
  • 18-02-2004 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Howard Deane has withdrawn from the race to become the leading contender for presidency within the Democrat party

Main reson for withdrawing was the fact that his popularity had dropped

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Disappointing. The guy was such a joke there was no way Bush could lose to him. Kerry will be a tougher proposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Regrettably for him he turned out not to be presidential material. He could not manage a campaign and could not manage high-politics.
    The democrats have a lot to thank him for - for having the balls to attack Bush when no one else had the balls to. But balls is not enough to be president.
    Give him a job in the party organisation and on a new democratic talk radio network :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

While being my third choice behind Nader or Kucinich it's sad that someone that had real support of the people got sidelined by the media and the DNC.
    I wonder whose going to be "electable" now. If some scandal on Kerry pops up tomorrow. I wonder who the "electability" heads will be running to then?

Advertisement