Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 1a

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Was going to do this but got ghost so currently building images for all the systems atm.
    Can you slipstream other updates other the likes of sp1. ie. fixes like blaster worm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, there's instructions for slipstreaming the rollup of all of the most recent critical updates here
    i've discovered the joys of ghost as well recently (restoring your system partition in under 3 minutes > win:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Found out about slipstreaming (Windows 2000) a while back and was welll impressed :) Great feature.

Although I'm trying to make an updated CD and I've managed a coaster or two so far :dunno: It worked fine first time I tried it!

It is what it's.

Well I was thinking if individual update could be installed I could do an installable disk with windows and a few app's preinstalled etc. Ghost tho is much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

n1, that was one of the few things i couldnt get a name for :p (ill be honest and say that i didnt know how to do it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silent Assasin

i just made a cd slipstreamed the other day and it was dead handy...i didnt know you could slipstream all the updates in though...

but better than nothing i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

another good site with some aditional info.. cleeeek

its got some useful links on the side..

haven't tried any of it myself, but it seems pretty easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Was going to do this but got ghost so currently building images for all the systems atm.

I'm looking for a good ghost software. What are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

On a similar veign, anyone any experience of slipstreaming IE into a windows installation? e.g IE6sp1 with Windows 2000 SP4?

Originally posted by neokenzo
    I'm looking for a good ghost software. What are you using?

I use symantic ghost corp. I dont use the console or anything like that yet anyway.

I will prob start on the console use mainly for ai packages because everytime I ghosted my machine, stuff like adobe is wanting to be reactivated because of a change in hardware.

• Advertisement
Advertisement