Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland-v-Brazil(scores)

• 18-02-2004 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

O'Shea with a header from a cornor that if Keane had touched would have definatly been a goal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any news on Gilberto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

No news so far on Gilberto Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

we are doing well enough

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if we keep at it we could win....

well.... one hope's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

we came close with stephen carr's effort

my heart was in my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any live commentary? No sign of this match on eurosport.com. The barstools!

ya for the last 55 mins we have been bitch slaping brazil and should be at LEST 1 up

the luck of the irish isnt with us right now we really really should be 1 up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Any live commentary? No sign of this match on eurosport.com

Only managed to get text commentary on sportinglife.com .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

RTE1 Medium Wave has live commentary.

44,000 attendance

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah, thanks :)

• Advertisement

How did ronaldo miss that??

shay saved it thats how

Yeah two great saves there

All over 0-0

Bring on Switzerland !!! if we play like this more offen we will easly get second in the wc group stages ....

GO ON IRELAND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Brazil should have beat us. We were lucky.

We should have beaten Brazil, they were lucky;)

right so you where watching the same match the rest of us where i take it ? Ronaldo

Originally posted by bizmark
    right so you where watching the same match the rest of us where i take it ? Ronaldo
    Yea but he had his head stook up his arse while watching it.
    :p

Only buzzing man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

0 - 0 What kind of game was it? Did Ireland try and bore
    Brazil to death?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I can see us gaining a place in the next FIFA rankings;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by bizmark
    is that remark directed towards Ronaldo7 or Irish1? didn't see the match so not in a position to read into any sarcasm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Originally posted by Ronaldo7

Are you ignorant, or just plain stupid?

We should've beaten em 1 or 2-0. Robbie Keane should've had at least 1.
    I'd say if Duff was there, we'd have sent them home with their heads in their hands.

But if we play like this during our wc2006 qualification campaign, we'll be sure to get the playoff spot, at least

Originally posted by mike65
    0 - 0 What kind of game was it? Did Ireland try and bore
    Brazil to death?

Mike.

Good enough Ireland played some good attacking football and the defence played well aswell

We should've beaten em 1 or 2-0.

Well in that case, you must be retarded and you clearly missed the efforts of Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and Kaka.

Banned, for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear....

76b1fbb5.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Well in that case, you must be retarded and you clearly missed the efforts of Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and Kaka.

Yeah, your friends ;)

the efforts of Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and Kaka.

Yes thats all they were,they were only efforts so stop being so negative about a good result for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

How did Kavanagh play?, someone do up a review of the players with scorings out of 10, cba watching "delayed" coverage :)

• Advertisement

It could of went either, way so back the **** down. Anyone that saw or heard the match would not have said
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was an amazing result for Ireland. Brazil should have beat us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Blondie81

At least they didn't beat us silly like most people predicted :D

Given-9
    Carr-8
    Cunningham-6
    O'Breien-7
    O'Shea-8
    Reid-7
    Holland-7
    Kavanagh-8
    Kilbane-8
    Keane-8
    Morrison-9(never thought id see the day)

Given-8
    Carr-7
    Cunningham-7
    O'Brian-8
    O'Shea-8
    Reid-8
    Holland-7
    Kavanagh-5(his attempted crosses and free kicks were hopelessly ****E)
    Kilbane-8
    Keane-7
    Morrison- 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good perfromance from the boys, if anyone deserved to win it was the Ireland who created and missed the best chances. Brazil didn,t get out of first gear and Ronaldo wasn't bothered for much of the game. [

QUOTE]How did Kavanagh play?, [/QUOTE]
    i was pleased with Kavanaghs contribution and Andy reid had a good game too in fact most of the Irish team had a good perfromance but the finishing was poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Given-9
    Carr-8
    Cunningham-7
    O'Breien-8
    O'Shea-7
    Reid-7
    Holland-7
    Kavanagh-7
    Kilbane-7
    Keane-5
    Morrison-9

Mcateer-7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Personally, I thought Keane was very poor. He pulled off some of his usual tricks, but the vast majority of his passing was wayward, he over-ran the ball a lot, and his missed header??? Atrocious!

I'd say we were at least as good as Brazil. Perhaps Ronaldo should have scored twice. Equally, perhaps both Robbie Keane and Stephen Carr should have scored. Finishing is part of what makes you a better team too, you know.

I was surprised at the very defensive midfield lineout. We really lacked width in the first half. Hopefully with Duff back in action, we can do even better against Switzerland and France, although it will be tough.

The width was'nt too bad tonight as the two full-back's Carr and O'Shea were working the flanks well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh it was a great performance all round.

but kavannagh's crosses and free kicks were atrocious (spelling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Given 8
    Carr 8
    O`brien 8
    Cunningham 9
    O` Shea 6
    Holland 6
    Kavangh 5
    kilbane 6
    Reid 7
    Keane 7
    Morrisson 9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Kerr 7

(nice suit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

kavanagh 5?

his corners were top notch in the first half (although admitedly a bit lack-lustre in the second but not that bad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anybody hear O'Shea say "Fúcking Hell Ref" after been fouled near the far touchline in the second half.

I dont usally hear these things so thats why i posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

u may not here it, but u can certainly read the players' lips on many occasions.

good performance by the lads. wit duffers around we could've seen ireland at their full potential.

bit worried by Gilberto's injury. aresnal need him to partner Edu on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Given-7 (He made two good saves but nothing spectatular)
    Carr-7 (He did nothing wrong but nothing special)
    Cunningham-8 (Good, solid work)
    O'Breien-9 (Really really well played, got in front of anythign Brazil threw at him)
    O'Shea-7(Same as Carr, he attacks a lot for a left back, between him and Kilbane they barely got one cross in)
    Reid-8(Damm good, some of the only bits of creativity from Ireland)
    Holland-6(Invisable)
    Kavanagh-8(People thought he was good, but he seems to think that he is a lot better than he is. He doesn't move the ball quick enough and pointlessly trys to take on people in situations where it doesn't benefit him to do so. He plays very defensivly, and I saw him on a couple of occasions becoming a third centre back. Otherwise he works really hard.)
    Kilbane-6(I know the guy works his heart out for Ireland, but he never gets anywhere with his skill. He gets past one guy with his pace, then when he has the change to pass it, he trys to go past the next guy, bad bad quality for a winger)
    Keane-7(I don't think he was that bad tonight, he was totally marked out of it by imo one of the best central defenders in the world)
    Morrison-8(He was good, that cross was bloody fantastic)

Mcateer-5(Crap as always)

In midfield we were very defensive, it was almost as if Kavanagh thought he was a defender.

I'd like it if we switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, or a 4-2-2-1-1 formation with the midfield playing at the wings with two def midfielders.

My ideal team would be

Given
    Carr
    Cunningham
    O Brien
    O Shea
    S. Reid
    Miller
    Kavangh
    A. Reid
    Duff

Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Good performance. Only one sub showed that Kerr was tryng to win it. Same can be said of the Brazillians as they only made two changes.

The brazillians seemed very frustrated in the second half. Its a good result, and well deserved, I think it could have gone either way without any complaints from either team, which is a good thing for Ireland. I do think that BRazil, in many ways are an ideal opposition for the Irish style as they aren't as tough as the average European team. The Czechs will be a tougher game.

My girlfriend is Brazillian, so this is a sweet sweet evening for me :)

Oh.... and a big HA HA to all the naysayers and pesimests. Brazil obvioously didn't feel like scoring very many :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Brazil just didnt show up at all, they werent out to try battle a win ny any means, There was a couple of chances that Ronaldo would have flung himself at if it was a competitive match or for madrid. What the hell was morisson doing with that shot from 30 odd yards???? It was as if he panicked at the site of the Brazillian goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

are most of you lot stupid? kavanagh was my man of the match, i dont remember him loosing the ball in open play at all, every pass was accurate.
    its not his job to score for us, and if his frees arn't any good then he shouldnt be taking them, but i thought he was our man of the match.

morrisson should never have got the mom award, sighs went around landsdown when it was announced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Well no he probably wasn't but he still played great,far far better then keano.I'm getting very disillusioned with Keane for Ireland,just so so greedy and inneffective.We seem to keep saying we need to find someone to partner him but why don't we just keep one of the current strikers up front and just tell Keano to pull his finger out and start partnering.How do you expect someone to partner someone who won't pass you the ball?

O'Shea was has shaky self and Holland was his invisble self but apart from those 3 all round great performances,you do feel that Brazil never really tried that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by irish1

44,000 attendance

... a few thousand too many.
    The South Terrace was jammed tonight.
    A serious problem that needs to be sorted for the next two friendlies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement