Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wrestling Channel, final lineup and channel number announced

• 18-02-2004 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Herbie posted the following on the the wrestling channel forums....

The Wrestling Channel is launching on March 15th, and will be on sky channel 432 - "Sports" genre.
    Due to quantity restrictions on the amount of digits allowed on the listing, it will be listed as "Wrestling TV"

Here is the final Line-Up of Promotions and shows for the channel launch:

NWA: Total Non-Stop Action (TNA International & Xplosion shows)
    Frontier Wrestling Alliance (FWA)
    Ring of Honor (ROH)
    Major League Wrestling (MLW)
    CombatZone Wrestling (CZW)
    Pro-Pain-Pro Wrestling (3PW)
    CMLL (Mexican Wrestling)
    New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)
    Pro Wrestling NOAH
    GAEA (Japanese Women's Wrestling)
    Classic NJPW: dating back from the 70's onwards.
    ITV: World of Sport
    Memphis Classic Wrestling
    RF Video: Shoot Interview Series
    "Supercard Sunday" - We will be showing full 3 hr shows from various promotions from the last 2 years every Sunday night at 9pm. E.G. CZW: Best of the Best 2, MLW: Reload, ROH: Expect The Unexpected, FWA: Seasons Beatings, IwW: Ultimate Wrestling Experience, etc.

We plan to add as much as we can over the next 6 months.
    We have ongoing negotiations with new & existing promotions, which could bring the possibility of UPW, Toryumon, Classic Wrestling Superstars, OVW, and more...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

will the channel have wwe on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seeing as Sky have the WWE wrapped up i would say it is unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

The channel can't show anything under WWE ownership.

So no chance of seeing wwe, wcw or ecw on this channel and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

The only one of that entire list that would stick out to me would be the RF shoot interview series. The Bret Hart one is meant to be very good with loads of Stampede matches on it. The Michaels one is also meant to be good for a laugh as he pretty much contradicts himself in every question! Rumoured that he was a little out of it during the interview. ;)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Looking forward to seeing ROH and 3PW, but why are they even bothering showing World Of Sport?

Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy! :confused:

• Advertisement

As they're still considered legends, and they got quite some viewing before Satellite Television hit the UK. ;)

Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    As they're still considered legends, and they got quite some viewing before Satellite Television hit the UK. ;)

Nero

I remember when Giant Haystacks passed away a few years ago an article mentioned the huge viewing figures that ITV wrestling used to get back in the day. As you say, that's because there were only 3 channels available to UK viewers at the time - not because it was particularly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Even if you looked at WWE programming in the late 70's, early 80's. I don't think you'll find many high flyers! Snuka if you were lucky. To be honest, Wrestlemania's 1 and 2 bored the pants off me, with the exception of the Hogan/Bundy cage match at the end of 2.

smiaras: WMXX as far as i know is still gonna be shown on sports 1, so ya won't be charged.

Nero

• Advertisement

Even if you looked at WWE programming in the late 70's, early 80's. I don't think you'll find many high flyers! Snuka if you were lucky. To be honest, Wrestlemania's 1 and 2 bored the pants off me, with the exception of the Hogan/Bundy cage match at the end of 2.

smiaras: WMXX as far as i know is still gonna be shown on sports 1, so ya won't be charged.

Nero

Isn't there some deal where WWE can't show the old WWF logo on TV now, I think that's why they show WCW Worldwide as part of the Classics show? That would mean that any repeats of old WWF shows would have to be edited now, that's be a pretty big job.

Didn't they win the court case about that recently? Hence why the back catalogue is being re-released on DVD in the next few months?

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Didn't they win the court case about that recently? Hence why the back catalogue is being re-released on DVD in the next few months?

Nero

thats true nero they did win the second court case, hence the wwe double packs containing wrestlemania 1 and 2 coming out with the wwf logo on it

Shin

Cant see why the wrestling channel cant show the stuff Sky dont seem to be bothered with like confidential etc, sky dont have that programme under the current deal so the wrestling channel can pick it up if they want to HINT HINT LOL

Nero

I remember reading something, but can't remember the exact details. Something to do with being able to show the older 'block' logo but not the 'attitude' scratch logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pwalsh

I think it's great news the wrestling channel is going ahead and i hope it works out.
    A great chance for fans to learn about WWE alternatives.

Originally posted by smiaras
    The Mick Foley DVD blanks over any WWF logos so I wouldn't be so sure

The Foley DVD was issued out long before the court case was won.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

The old WWF logo, from 1986 to 1996 is able to be diplayed, however, the company cannot be refered to as WWF, only World Wrestling Federation and it must be stated: the company formly known as... OR when we were known as.... OR something to this extent.

The Attitude scrtached logo as someone put it, is totally a no go area, it muxt be totally covered at all times, including on WWE shows on crowd signs. Its the WWEs obligation to make sure ity is always hid, and the WWE cannot blame the fans ever.

All WCW and ECW logos, merc, back catologues etc. are officially owned by WWE.

On the topic of the wrestling channel...

I personally cannot wait! Eye bubya bubya, is IMO the most important addition to the Wrestling channels/Wrestling TVs time table. Ovw are not owned by WWE, they are owned by James E Cornette, like Jerry Lawler Menphisis based promotion. So we could see OVW in the near future.

Im just glad I get to see AJ Styles, Johny Storm, (classic)Jody Fleish, Chris Daniels, Sonjay Dutt, Americas most wanted and Sick Nick Mondo...

Cant wait :)

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

any chance of TNA becoming available, even on sky?
    I know it is ppv in the states but so are all the wwe events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Well be getting explosion, thats their weekly recap show and as far as i have been led to believe we will be getting practically everything that they churn out in some shape or form. Bearing in mind TNA NWA are pretty heavy on non-live editing, so we wil get alot of black and white to cover blood and lots of bleeps. If they are near live we may be fortunite enough to get them pretty mush as they are recorded.

Hanza

• Advertisement
Advertisement