Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram

• 18-02-2004 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭

Im back again...
    ordered gfx and cpu off komplett but problem now is with the ram , I was advised to get "DDR PC400 512MB Mushkin Hi Perf Level II" off jes-computers , but it has seemed to dissapeared/out of stock . worth waiting for ? or can any one recommend me a stick of 512ram at good price.

Spec > shuttle sn45g and xp 2500+

cheers , adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

I would recommend shop4memory. com. Good prices. What speed of pc do you have 400 seems very slow. I got pc3200 and its really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

he's got a 166mhz cpu which he is hoping to overclock to 200mhz :), is it worth waiting for i don't know tbh, but as gazmond141014 said www.shop4memory.com iirc they also stock it, not sure how there prices compare with jescomputers but at least you don't have to take delivery into account so it mightn't be too bad

edit - shop4memory have it but only as 2*256 which i wouldn't particuarly recommend as i think the shuttle on has two ram slots so you'd be fairly screwed if you wanted to upgrade the ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

prices seem high :E and cant see "DDR PC400 512MB Mushkin Hi Perf Level II" or maybe im blind.

adam

no i couldnt see it either tbh you won't really notice the difference between any of the half decent pieces of ram the mushkin i think is just the some of the best of the best though, my advice is stick to a 512mb stick from a manufacturer such as mushkin, ocz or corsair.

the mushkin level 1 stuff seems good as well think its 2-3-2
    perhaps that then or corsair xms3200LL, or xms3500 will do it
    or you could get ocz platinium 3200 also nice

data

kk cheers data , ill buy u sweeties at lan for this sometime , youve beeb great help :>

adam

• Advertisement

no worries i was in the same boat as yourself a few months ago asking similar questions and stuff, the best advice though is just order it, after a week in your computer your not gonna care what ram it has or whether it gives you an extra 2fps in quake 3 or what not :)

good luck

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Just a quick note on the Mushkin Lvl2 - they are not available any longer, they used the Winbond BH5 chips which cannot be found anywhere in the world at this stage. Instead Mushkin have released a "Special2-2-2" which is also low latency 2-2-2 but it's pretty pricey though...

Does the low latency matter that much in your Shuttle? I not, why not pick some nice OCZ CL2 stuff at a much lower price?

jayo

cant really find much ocz ram anywhere :E
    this ram seem good?
    Corsair XMS3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB REG CL2 32Meg x 8, non ECC, 400MHz
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=121121&cks=PRL
    < E143 >

adam

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=115750&cks=PRL

this one is the LL (low latency) version of the above ram for an extra 9 euro if your interested. it has slightly tighter timings. i have corsairs xms 3500 ram, it is basically the same as the 3200LL ram as it has handpicked chips guaranteed to run at 2-3-3-7 at 217mhz. i run it at 200mhz and it currently runs fine at 2-2-2-6. up to you whether you think the extra money is worth it.

so should i get 3500 or 3200?

adam

• Advertisement

the 3200LL is basically the 3500 go for the 3200 and its up to you whether you think the LL is worth it or not

k cheers mate , 2 packets off sweeties at lan :D

adam

man i'm doing well out of this :)

no problem

data

Advertisement