Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q U A K E L A N

Options
  • 18-02-2004 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

qlan.jpg
    Ok, we talked about it for months, and now its happening - QUAKELAN, a 24hour lan dedicated to all the Quakes, starts Friday 2nd of April with a big booze-up and games from Saturday morning right through til Sunday.

Prize Competitions include:

QW Duel
    Q2 Duel
    Q3 Duel
    Quake3 CTF Seeded Comp (great fun, ask ppl from DS7)
    Q3 2v2

UK -vs- IE : No, we aren't taking the piss, we are currently in discussion with Malc (The Stranger) and rooting out a sponsor to bring over the UK Team til we see who's still the boss since Rapture '99!!

There are limited places for this lan, even the NI guys may be down so you want to head over to www.room101.org and sign up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Deadly

And the CTF seeded teams was the best thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

:D should be class, dunno if ill be let go, it will be gay if im not allowed to go

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Just signed up, my first proper LAN, and favourite game, can't wait!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

awww my name ain't in that picture :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

mine is.

Why is it there?

Who put it there?

this wasn't discussed with me!

I feel cold.......and afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

sounds like good fun, only problem for me is getting there...

anyone know what kind of prizes there are for the Q3 Duel, Q3 2v2 and Q2 Duel? (havent played any QW of any form in a long time now)..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Naitkris, for some reason it is in my head that you go to UCC in Cork, is this true? If so, there are some other Cork people who are going to this LAN. I am in UCC too but will be living in Dublin by then I think so I won't be in the position to give anyone a lift up. At worst, you could bring your CPU up on the train and rent/borrow a monitor... I did this myself last time, and its not so bad if you dont have a super-tower case :)

Originally posted by Illkillya
    Naitkris, for some reason it is in my head that you go to UCC in Cork, is this true? If so, there are some other Cork people who are going to this LAN. I am in UCC too but will be living in Dublin by then I think so I won't be in the position to give anyone a lift up. At worst, you could bring your CPU up on the train and rent/borrow a monitor... I did this myself last time, and its not so bad if you dont have a super-tower case :)

problem is accomodation and such on top of transport... i know 1 or 2 others in UCC who may go, in which case getting up there should be easier...

what are you studying in UCC btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Can't go - only 14, no-one else from Galway appears to be going anyway so I couldn't get a lift up, will ye have net access (I'll own ye from me 56k modem up here :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by naitkris
    problem is accomodation and such on top of transport... i know 1 or 2 others in UCC who may go, in which case getting up there should be easier...

what are you studying in UCC btw?

I'm doing Computer Science. I dunno what the deal with accommodation is... some LANs have a seperate room where you can get a few hours sleep if you want, I don't know if that will be the case with Quakelan. btw, I know you're Swedish so quake runs in your veins, but make sure the other UCCers know what they're in for if they do decide to go, none of this bf1942 and stuff ;)

• Advertisement

I'm doing Computer Science.

same course and college as me so... prolly see you around but just don't know it....
    I dunno what the deal with accommodation is... some LANs have a seperate room where you can get a few hours sleep if you want, I don't know if that will be the case with Quakelan.

cool, may do that, doubt i'd sleep though, havent been to a proper big LAN event ever so there'd be little point wasting the time sleeping when there's Quake to be playing :-)
    btw, I know you're Swedish so quake runs in your veins,

yeah, Q3 is imo the best competitive game there is. i dont know if i like it so much because i am Swedish, although there are a lot of Swedish Q3 players about the place for some reason... maybe if i find a few Swedish Q3 players we can have an Ireland v. Sweden CTF or TDM game.. thats if i make it up to the event in the end
    but make sure the other UCCers know what they're in for if they do decide to go, none of this bf1942 and stuff ;)

of course.

one question though, what is the deal with Quake mods (not OSP/CPMA, but UrT etc.) being played? this is more out of interest as these type mods are quite a change from vanilla Q3 mode

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

The LAN runs from saturday into sunday so if you come up to dublin on saturday and go back down sunday then accom doesn't come into it. But then travelling all that way and back down again might leave ya in a heap on sunday.

MP has posted a list of B&B's/hotels should you should be able to see if u can afford it.

Ro.

Advertisement