Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ3CL Tomorrow

Options
  • 07-10-2000 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Week2
    ACID v FH 2pm
    BiO v IR 3pm
    7 v H 4pm
    PS v nD 5pm

Map: DM7

If any clans have problems making these games let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Sorry about PS not turning up on sunday Mike.

We will be at full strength for the rest of the season. Also want to apologise to nD for not having a team on sunday.

I think the PS Vs nD game was the one everyone was looking forward too.

I'm only back from the states today and have only seen that the league has started.

If you would be willing to play the nD Vs PS League game another time, we would be more than willing to field a team now.

If you want to keep the points well then thats fair enough also.

Let me know the score anyway.

Tom/Jedi

Mike weldone on the league so far mate. Its looking good.

Laters.

PS:

We are looking for practice games as of now. If any team wants to play us let us know and we can organise something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Welcome back Tom.

As regards the PS-nD game, it's not a case of whether or not we want to keep the points, it's more a point of the fact that we had to go to the effort for the game. LJ took a bus to UL, I drove from home to OL's house, Podgeen + Co had to haul PCs, you know yourself, team.ie all over again atm for nD, since the UL problems. Hopefully they'll be resolved soon, and nD can praccy with ppl every night, but for now, it's such a horrible effort to get lads together that when people don't turn up we have to take the points. Sorry.

Originally posted by Jedi:
    I think the PS Vs nD game was the one everyone was looking forward too.

No actually, I don't think anyone out there gave a shít to be honest, heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I was looking forward to it the way fish look forward to drowning.

Thats grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

oh?

i kinda made the effort, as i went to UL to play for this game, myself and nicky was there...but the ND players that were there said no more ppl could play from the connection, so we had no inet access...if this rule was true or not, i still rem team ie being able to fit like 20 ppl there. so i was more than dissapointed to hear from ppl there that i could not play as there was no more space or somthing.

nice points, gg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Chris,
    Sonic may have been able to fit 20 people in there for team.ie training but he basically got in ****e over it but didnt say anything to ye lot. He got permission to bring for us to go in there and that was it. Maybe if you or some of ps had contacted him the week before and asked about arranging a connect for you...??? ALso what machine were you planning on playing from?? Nicky too?(as far as i know he machine is unstable for q3 no fans for processor)

like you said
    nice points, gg.

David.

ok, whatever...

the thing is tho, we did try to play this game. we did make the effort.

and ppl who saying this is all just for fun etc, y take the default win still...was that win fun, or would u rather play the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Chris, get organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

listen here chris, we were playing from MY office in work, a ****ing cubicle with space for 2 ppl , we squeezed 3 in there. i had to run a 55 metre cable to the isdn just so i could be in the same room as the 2 lads going on the ul connect out. 2nd of all i didn't know you were coming down and i had to get the boss to inform security that i was going to bring ppl into work on THURSDAY, if i had know i might have been able to make some provision, nice job letting me know you were in ul when i met you in the pub SATURDAY night, you dont realise how much **** i got in over bringing ppl into work 2 months ago. 3rdly we had gman's machine for bunny, my machine for myself, podgeen's machine for himself, jay was in the uk and eoins machine somewhere in the bogs of limerick what the **** machine were you going to play off??? tell me?!?!? nickys doent have a ****ing cooler and crashes a few minutes into q3.
    Normally i do my best to help out especially when team.ie calls but to turn up the night before a game and EXPECT a machine with a 20 ping to be SITTING there waiting for you to play on. FINE! JUST ****ING BE THAT WAY

• Advertisement

ok, whatever, like i said b4

the thing is i did come to UL, i did try to play...

so when ppl say that Ps are not tryin to play, its ****, we r...

ok, so i have no probs with the room ,and PCs...

the PC side was sorted, just needed somware to play from in UL...

ok, so now what, will u take the default, which was a very gg and much fun liek i know ND only play for fun, or will we play the game, for fun, and enjoy it...

Ps was short on players, but we was going to play with only 3 PS members avail.

we did try to recruit knew members, but some people moaned about it, and said how it would ruin things for the irish league etc, lets just play, for fun. ok?

lets keep it fun, ok and please no more excitement.

gg

Chris,
    It's very simple.
    First off, Sonic nearly got fired for letting us all into the AMT offices that weekend. The "team.ie room" has to be booked 4 days in advance and Sonic never got to do it, so he had to go into his office and he got special permission to bring the lads in.
    So there is no way that nD could have provided you lads with a connection.
    Our argument wasn't that we would take the points because PS "didnt bother" to show up, it was that we would take them because
    a) we went to SERIOUS effort to get ourselves sorted out.
    and
    b) because PS kicked out the gimps and loaded their team with the two best teamplayers in the country and with nD's short amount of praccy, there was no way we would win atm.

I'm not trying to give you grief, and not trying to give ****ty feelings between nD and PS, but if I was to drop the points and replay, we wouldn't have any points, so it wouldnt be nice of me, it would be fúcking dumb of me.
    It is a fun league, but if it was such a fun league you lads would accept that PS didnt field a team, and stop giving us grief about it.
    We are most of us mates here, most of the IQ3CL is made of the Team.ie and it's additionals. But I want my team to win just as much as Jedi wants his to win and MP want's his to win, that's why nD spent hours preparing for the game, and that's why I wouldn't shít all over the lads' effort by letting the match go to replay and the possibility of a loss.
    Fair is fair, it was the second week in a row that nD spent ages preparing and had to accept a walkover.
    Am I wrong?

Ronan/Zero.

ok, sounds good...

but i think earlier in the week another player who Jedi had talked to in London about joinng PS said he would be happy to play with us in the league. but ppl wasnted happy about this, and wanted it to stay fun, so we said sure, lets keep it fun, and went along with the new rules.

me and nicky wanted to play, and was there. there was a firewall up at UL, which stoped us playing from there, i had only been informed about this on arrival.

i woulda thought the more fun thing to do was, rematch, and i woulda thought that the team who had practice for this, would also like this?

i dont see much fun in preparing for a game, then taking the default...

i understand the troubles u may have gone to for this game, but couldnt we play the rematch later on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Bottom line.

nD had 4 players on server and we had 1.

Under the rules you need 3 players to play.

We default, nD get the points.

We play H next week (if they are still in the league).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

fraid not, H are kicked out for all the defaults .... so PS have a week off next week, shame bout that, hopefully we can find a clan to replace them soon.

Please reconsider playing the game.

Theres no money involved in this league. It will make the league alot more exciting if you reconsider.

I do appologise for the confusion last weekend but I'm disappointed that you won't give last years winners a chance to defend there title.

In the past we have alway did our best field a team and the lads in ps showed there sincerity in turning up weak handed for the [7] game, and well done to seven in that game.

This is the first time things went against us, but our players did go to UL for the game on sunday, ser travelled from Galway at his own expense, similar to yourselves. This alone should show you Mike and nD that PS always intended on putting in the effert.

If you don't play us and end up eventual winners of the league. What will it mean.

You will have won a league without playing the strongest team in Ireland (imo). So what have you gained. Absolutely nothing, a trophy on the shelf but thats about it. We will still be seen as the best team in ireland. You have a chance to change that by meeting us in the national quake3 league.

There will be no surprises in our line up. Myself, el-pres, beast, ser or chaos.

Exact same as last year.

I know you have the quality in nD, really excellent ability, so why not play us.

Mike and the guys of nD if you want this to be a memorable league please reconsider and play [PS] last years winners other wise whats the point in playing this league.

Jedi.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 10-10-2000).]

nD & 7, this would be a good time to think about replaying H. If you win without playing us what have you gained? Oh yeah, "a trophy on the shelf".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I am going to do everything possible to win this league and I know we are a talented side certainly with the ability to beat ser beast elpres and jedi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

ye ok
    if it is all for fun why wont ye play them ?
    it seems like to me that ye want to win and an easy default will do ye.
    u never saw dk last year except a walkover , we either postponed or let the other clan have there way.same with fh this year.
    ud swear it was a matter of life or death some people out there are taking this rivaliry thing a tad bit to seriously.
    last post from bunny there , <I know we are a talented side certainly with the ability to beat ser beast elpres and jedi.>
    why not prove it to yourself and play them?
    g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

oh u were being sarcastic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

as bunny said "ud destroy us"
    so why bother? ye didnt show for the game.
    take the 30 points....
    leave ye with yer -5
    gg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

"You will have won a league without playing the strongest team in Ireland (imo). So what have you gained. Absolutely nothing, "

at the end of the day nD showed up, PS didn't and no one will consider a clan that can't get 4 players on a server Irelands best.
    The clan that wins this league, whoever it be will be Irelands best clan (over the duration of the 8 weeks of the league, it's not like it's a ****in life long title).

And it's not just skills that make a good clan, it's organisation, communication and the ability to get 4 players on a server to play 4 other players when you've had like 4 weeks notice to do so .... so it isn't all talent or being the strongest set of players, if you can't do the basic things then as a clan you're practically worthless.

Don't label this league worthless because in your opinion you're the strongest clan and because the potential winners didn't play you .... in my opinion in the last 2 weeks you've been the weakest clan (with the exception of H) and no one's going to force nD to replay you.

I hope it changes for you tho, I hope you return to form etc... but until then PS have to just turnup on time and stop wasting peoples time with all this added bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Same old arguement again.

Happens every Fuppin time.

League rules should say no replays if a team doesnt show up. Its the way any of the leagues in England Ive played have been, and theres been no complaints. Are we really having fun here?

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

We tryed our best to get people to the server, we didn't manage it. Its a ****ty thing and i am sorry to all concerned.

We will try to get a full team for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

At the weekend I was away in london for my grandads 93rd, sorry I wasn't around and missed all the abuse. I'll add my pence now.

Jedi, Chris, ye can rant about being the best, but if you don't put in the effort and don't turn up organised, you can just p!ss off.

Nicky knew about the problems with UL and network. Usually we organise the room in students union for us to play from, but this time, we were too late to book it. That is why Sonic once again put his **** on the line for us. Even if we had the room, it doesn't rain q3-able PC's.

Had you let us know..... ffs, I'm just repeating what has been said above.

As for being the best clan in the country, sure what do you expect if you go and scoop up all the best players in the country and put them on a team with a random muppet.

I have most respect for El Pres, for all the effort and sense he has put in. Sure he came from nowhere to be team.ie material. Why is it only him that manages to see the light?

Anyway, it's not the fact that the game didn't happen that annoys me, its the arrogance of your team, to think they can just waltz around with not even thinking ahead, and then turn up expecting PC's and connects to fall in front of them.

It's exactly what happened for team.ie training. Me, Z and Sonic busted our asses carrying PC's around, organising accomodation and the room in students union. We even set up a ****ing society to make it possible for team.ie training to be in UL. So now me and sonic are stuck going to meetings ever 2 weeks... all for team.ie.
    After team.ie training it was up to us again to put all the pc's away again, cart the monitors back to their place in the various offices they came from while the players sat downstairs smoking or drinking in scholars. Then we had to clean up after the messes they left in our houses.
    So now, when people just arrive to take advantage of us, they aren't welcome, as sonic demonstrated this weekend.

I really hate to see Sonic taken for granted and then abused for not being able to comply with what the "best team in ireland" want, with the snap of a finger.

Fair play Sonic, keep up the good work.

As for the default win, just stop crying, get organised and take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Do ye get free kegs for being in a society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bio*C4

lol

sher0N :- if you hear there's free kegs in the society include me biggrin.gif

cannibal

Bring It On

lol, i didnt say anythign about being the best team or anything, i just felt the rematch would be the more fun way of doing things, seen as we are all in it for fun.

i turned up in limrik after letting people know of my arrival. i had planned on playing from beasts room.

only once i had got there and found out there was a firewall(?) i tried to findout if we could play from another room. we couldnt and thats it.

organised, man i just come back from a long trip, thats as organised as i get after the boreing travling i had done.

i wasnt giving anyone sh!t, just saying what i thought.

peice.

If there was a £400 prize we could have avoided all this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Why? they'd utterly destroy us

Travelling and spending all my money is not fun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement