Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamplay Experience

Options
  • 10-10-2000 2:38pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

More people like this.
    Less muppets needed.

Good luck, even Koopa was a muppet before Bunny and the CT guys trained him...

What was your name when you played Q1?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I suggest Acid or IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

He was always x0n DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 37 x0n

Yup, I was always x0n. I think it was before your time, DeVore wink.gif

- x0n

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

You are more than welcome to join acid xon, so drop into #acid.ie if you are interested, have a look at http://clans.quake.ie/acid also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

before devore's time...
    god u must be old eek.gif
    hahaahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

eh i started quake in trinity so i dont recall being a muppet before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sam, you will always be a muppet in my eyes.

I thought I'd post my thoughts on this as it's been quite a learning experience the last two weeks. As I've come to realise the extent to which trying to play Teamplay q3 with no Teamplay experience can nearly put you off trying altogether -- I'll need a ****load of practise. As a player who has played (and coming out on/near the top) on FFA servers in the UK, US and AU (there don't seem to be _any_ here) over the past six months and prides himself in beating most of the bots on Nightmare, I now believe that FFA playing is the _least_ cerebral of all Quake activities; having got a good solid beating 1v1 from someone with BIO, I believe I've been playing a load of foreign blind monkeys and that I'd learn a lot more from some of my fellow Irish. Sure, FFA helps quicken the reactions and can better quick cognitive analysis of a fast-moving melée, but **** it doesn't help you learn to minimise damage to teammates in a firefight. Never mind, proper long-term strategies for control of key areas of a map.

Well, it comes down to this -- I used to be a good Q1 player and I don't think I'm a bad q3 FFA player, I'm better than the average monkey at 1v1, but most of you ****ers could probably thrash me. My RG aim is a little shaky until I get a good hour's gaming in first and my close-range rocket-raping technique could be improved with some sound thrashings -- so I'm looking for a startup clan (who are not going to cry when smeared into the floor cracks by nD or se7en or whomever) to join so that I could learn some proper "TDM skillz" -- and if any of you ninjas' need some fodder practise, I'm always available and I won't ****ing moan when beaten 48 - 2. Hell, I might surprise I few of you. Then again, perhaps not. wink.gif

- x0n / Ois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Sure Devore is a newbie.

Hey Cloud, all these new pictures, there isnt a bearded smiley for slagging Devore with. Put one in there, call it the "take the pain" smiley.

lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

his nicks ]FH[-Killy biggrin.gif , and x0n give us a mail about joining acid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

oops - almost forgot - twenty@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hehe, thanks x0n (killy here btw), but keep duelling like that and u'll be 0wning in no time (if ure hands are warm enough). i didn't learn how to rocket jump up to the RA until months after i started playing q3 smile.gif

Originally posted by podgeen:
    before devore's time...
    god u must be old eek.gif
    hahaahaha

Bah! I'm only 26, you young pup! If I get my hands on you, I'll stuff thruppence and a bob down yer noseholes!

p.s.

A big shout goes to (RH)Killy who administered to me a fine beating on q3t4 yesterday, despite my whinging about cold hands smile.gif

Advertisement