Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody else

• 19-02-2004 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

i was wondering did anyone else get broad band even tho there exsiting line use to be 1 line used buy 2 house's ( for example 1 house has to dial 9 to get a outside line ) im worried about this because my line fails but at the mo im on isdn and it works fine ?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

just wanna keep my post alive, because i hope im not going to be 1 of the poor peeps that cant get it ...................... :( id cry for deffo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I have ISDN at the moment and awaiting BB. When you order the BB they will disconnect the ISDN, and you need to get an engineer to come out and install the BB.
    But the waiting process is forever, if you order with IOL anyway. They claim they are having problems with eircom about getting an engineer out etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

I did the ISDN downgrade with Eircom and got it done within 10 days. I got a date when I ordered i-stream and the guy showed up bang on time. There's been similar stories like yours when people have gone through resellers to get it done. I ordered i-stream the same day as a guy around the corner who went with UTV and it took him over a month to get it, without requiring an ISDN downgrade.

Have you, LIM, done a line check on the ISDN line using Eircom's i-stream availability checker? If that says "pass" then you're good, otherwise not.

Advertisement