Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Interested in car - where can I get it tested?

Options
  • 19-02-2004 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As subject. Can't find any detail on www.aaireland.ie or www.rac.ie. Has anybody had their prospective car tested independently before buying?

The car has Full BMW service history and 2 years NCT. Will test drive it of course, but if I feel it needs further testing, where do I go. I'm not that technical myself and I don't know any grease monkeys and my usual garage could have possible conflict of interest in advising me

Any help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I know a Mechanic .. I trust him and he is reasoable with price. he is located on the greenhills road .. interesdted ?

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Is this the AA link you're looking for?
    AA Autocheck

I'be hear it costs about 325 yoyos now. Used to be under a hundred squid in the not-too-distant past.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by a_ominous
    I'be hear it costs about 325 yoyos now.

Jeez, that bad eh? Won't be going there then :(

Alany, thanks a lot, might take you up on that. Does your man have experience with BMW's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

have no idea. looked after a mini, astra and bravo for me and a several different cars for my father... he is in the phone book PM motors Greenhills road. you might ask him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Funny, I started a thread on the 18th about this.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement