Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3650 Bluetooth conn. to laptop as headset

• 19-02-2004 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    I'm trying to setup my 3650 so that it will see my laptop as a headset and effectively use the Laptop speakers and microphone as the audio I/O for the phone.
    Has anyone managed to do this, or have ideas on stuff to try.

I am working with WinXP and a Cambridge Silicon Radio USB Blutooth adapter, which came with software which has the audio gateway feature, however it does not recognise the 3650 as a device which it could operate as the headset for.
    I have tried various permutations of putting the Bluetooth Audio as the Sound mixer for voice and/or audio in the Win XP settings.
    Outlook is able to initiate a phone call by selecting contacts, and phoning the contact - however the call just sounds like a series of beeps at the destination side, and no sound comes from the laptop speakers.
    On the 3650 - I have set the accessory to Headset, and Active Profile, but the 3650 doesn't seem to want to kick the call off with the laptop as a headset.

Appreciate any advice,
    many thanks.

I'll em, get my coat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

I'd imagine it's pretty much the same as the Nokia 6600.

It doesn't support the audio gateway feature of the bluetooth dongles.

I have a SE T610 and the 6600 and the T610 works far better with bluetooth devices and uses the PC as a handsfree device no problem... but the 6600 won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've done this with the SE T610 and an iBook and works a dream.

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Yep, The T610 works great. I've also tried the New Motorola V525 and it works fine too. Nokia have a lot to answer for !.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by tinky
    I've done this with the SE T610 and an iBook and works a dream.

the recent Bluetooh 1.5 update added headset functionality, but wasn't that to use a Bluetooth Headset for audio input/output with the Mac? Didn't think that the Mac itself could (as yet) be used as a headset for other devices...

BrianG

I found this out by accident actually ! I was syncing my phone when it rang, a popup asked if I wanted to answer it. I was curious and clicked yes and the voices started to come from the iBook ! Haven't had need to use it since but I was impressed.

Tinky

• Advertisement

had you the BT link activated in Address Book at the time? when i click yes it just picks up the call as it did before but doesn't pick up the sound...

also are you using the internal BT Module or a USB Adaptor? and do you have the Bluetooth 1.5 update and Bluetooth firmware 1.0.2 installed?

can you try it again and post the steps when you have a chance, since the 1.5 update there have been a loads of questions (on mac sites) asking about this functionality - would be great as this is the first time I've heard of the Mac working as a headset (not just with a headset)

Thanks,
    BrianG

I've being trying to recreate the function again but I can't. I could swear it did what I described but I've installed various updates since then. Sorry BrianG I guess this thing is making a liar out of me, sorry for getting your hopes up.

Tinky

no worries - if you do manage to get it to do it again post back though - sure Bluetooth can be very much a black-art - although less on the Mac (because, of course, Macs are great :D)

hopefully they will add configuration of the functionality into their Bluetooth Set-Up assistant at some stage

thanks for trying again anyhow,
    BrianG

Advertisement