Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engineers Report/Certification RoadWorthyness of Engine Change

Options
  • 19-02-2004 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Anyone know a bit about whats involved in this?

Ive heard that any mechanic can actually certify this? Hardly?

If not, does anyone have anywhere they could recommend to do this and how much it would cost?

Also- does anyone know whats involved/whats checked? Is the report valid indefinitely? Who exactly issues the report - the engineer(/mechanic?) personally, or is it backed by some association?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Get an RF111 (Change of Particulars) form from your local Motor Tax Office.

There's a section on it dealing with engine changes.

I think any registered garage can certify it (I'm not entirely sure though - ask the Tax Office).

Give this and you VLC/Reg Book into the tax office (if it has to be taxed as well) or sent it to the VRC (if it doesnt have to be taxed as well).

You'll then get new document with all the info updated.

Hope this helps!

Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Yeah TommyK is right. I had to replace an engine in a Honda Integra a few years ago and this was the procedure. It's no big deal really, if you call the vehicle registration people they will explain whats invloved.

Tinky (hic !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Thanks lads.

Will given the Motor Tax office a bell.

Advertisement