Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news on how IOL will fight back?

Options
  • 19-02-2004 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anything on the grapevine on what IOL will do on the broadband front? Price drop? Cap up? or will they split it into 2 packages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭skrobe

was talking to rep, he doesn't think they'll change anything, but then again i was buying the iol broadband+advantage package off him........... could they release the 'crap package' for 30-35.mmm or give me 24:1 contention for €40 ;)
    j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

I heard, on the plonk grapevine, that IOL will release a "crap" package for e5 less than eirc*m, cap, contention unknown.

Their "high" package will become 24:1 at the same 49.49 with a possible 12GB, allowing them to advertise a 50% higher cap.

THe "high" service will have a new name, so, inter alia, they won't have to current "IOL Broadband" users an automatic upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I was hoping they might double the cap. It would be far better for marketing saying they has twice as much downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Latest I heard is that there will be an annoucement at some stage this week, but it's looking like two products, each around the same or cheaper than the eircom price.

higher end product will have 16GB data limit, lower end will stay around the 8GB limit...

Very unoffical at this stage though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

The IOL usage metre doesn't actually say what the quota is (8GB) is just says you have used x.xxGB so far.

So if they up increase cap (to say 16GB) you won't have any easy way to tell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement