Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no fly zone map

Options
  • 19-02-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

anyone else not like this one?

btw i jumped out of plane a couple of times on it to capture flag points and am just wondering...i was standing right over flag point one time and yet no flag....whats the deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You have to fly around the flag to capture it.

Not a big fan of the map myself, good idea, but, not done very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i like flying for the sake of flying and the dog fights

but having to fly around the flag to get it is bogie, you should be able to hop out and just rob a plane to get back

i do love flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

must admit its not my favorite either.
    Think I'll remove it, suggest something else large with planes, must have planes, not coppers cannt fly those, planes though me like, bang bang, more maps with planes and tanks, and silly choppers to dive bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I like it for the whole flying and dog fights, but its **** if you manage to bail out before getting shot down as you are miles from the base and there are no humers to get you back to the planes quickly.

Originally posted by timeout
    I like it for the whole flying and dog fights, but its **** if you manage to bail out before getting shot down as you are miles from the base and there are no humers to get you back to the planes quickly.

Thats what the Medic Black Hawk is for. Someone is supposed to fly it around the map and pick up down'd pilots. Not that that ever happens or anything. I crave for a really organised Clan type match :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Jim, there seems to be enough of you guys here to start your own clan and have good teamwork matches, why don't you consider that?

and have you ever thought about entering an Ireland team into the nations cup? i would definately be up for that one, I know we would get whipped but it would be fun no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    not coppers cannt fly those,

Take a download of the Helo Training map that has just been released. Its got all the choppers that are in the game in it and various landing spots etc. Here is what its creator says about it ...
    This map is for every Desert Combat player who loves to fly helicopters. Every airframe is included and there are mulitiples of each for air to air challenges or formation practice. There are serveral landing zones (LZs) on the map. Some are marked with flags such as LZ Spruce, LZ Peak, and the MOUT LZ. Other LZs are not marked such as LZ Condor, LZ Bowl, LZ Volcano, and LZ River.

There is a challenging canyon run that is also marked with a flag.

You can practice roof top infiltrations and urban assaults at the MOUT site, or shipboard operation on the carrier or the freighter.

Finally you can polish your air to ground munitions delivery on the aerial gunnery range!

This map was not designed for anything but training or having fun but it is possible to have an air war. Please use the map responsibly and respectfully, clearly labelling your purpose if playing on the internet. Most importantly, have fun!

You can get it from DesertCombat.org here (direct link) or from fileplanet here.
    Should be able to help any of you guys control a bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That helo training map isnt bad, it helps your landing definately, but it doesnt help you actually flying much/at all IMO, the ravines are not deep enough, to fly low enough to stay in them you either hardly move at all so your slow enough to stay down, or stare at the ground. The target practice isnt great either, how can you honestly miss with about 25 tanks in a small field? The hardest part of aiming is lineing it up, with that place you cant NOT line up some sort of vehicle.

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    Jim, there seems to be enough of you guys here to start your own clan and have good teamwork matches, why don't you consider that?

Me and Winters have discussed setting up a clan before, but decided against it.
    Winters' was too busy to organise anything. But fact that I'll be finally getting Broadband next week has made me reconsider. I'll discuss it with Winters later and let you know if we are going to persue it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Thats what the Medic Black Hawk is for. Someone is supposed to fly it around the map and pick up down'd pilots. Not that that ever happens or anything. I crave for a really organised Clan type match :(

I would be really happy doing that for a whole two rounds. It's just that the nme team keeps taking those flags, so I end up getting into a fast plane and getting competitive.

Even tho no fly zone is a welcome break, I'm wasting my time loading it because it gets voted out real quick after loading. (5 votes made it change to lost village last night).

As far as a properly organised match goes, I know what you mean, it would be deadly.

The auto balance on the server makes it impossible to get any form of decent teamplaty going, without it, we're looking at unfair teams, perhaps we need a seeded game of DC? Across three maps, lets say lost village, el al and oil fields?

Maybe lock the rest of the world out, there's a good few regulars on the server, irish and otherwise, C.E.N.S.O.R., DS_IRL, GOOGSEY(IRL) are three that come to mind...inviting them to play would be good. I'm sure there's more from around here who play but dont use their usual nick.

Any suggestions for getting something together, casual like, ppl have real lives too y'know. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Am i right in thinking the were more plans in the older version of el_alamein
    day 1 ... C-150 and such............what happen ..

Not sure but i think galaza( if that whats it was called) was the only other map big enough for planes and dog fights and such............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Me and Winters have discussed setting up a clan before, but decided against it.
    Winters' was too busy to organise anything. But fact that I'll be finally getting Broadband next week has made me reconsider. I'll discuss it with Winters later and let you know if we are going to persue it :)

Bring back ITF!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Bring back ITF!!!! :D

God, someone is going back a few years now arnt they. Makes me feel old :( .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

You really should give CTF some consideration.

On NFZ it really is fun. I think that with 1.6 you can run different types on games on the same server.

I vote to give it a try. It cant hurt?

The Fairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

You really should give CTF some consideration.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I'll drop in NFZ and El Al as CTF now.

ppl will be able to vote them out if they don't wanna play them tho.

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Thanks Lucutus. I really hope they are not voted off as it's mental fun on a good CTF game.

The Fairy.

Advertisement