Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 SpeakEasy ???

• 19-02-2004 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just switched from an O2 bill phone to SpeakEasy. Does anyone know the text code to get your credit balance on screen ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

*100# for o2 SpeakEasy credit

If you are on bill phone you can do *101# and get your balance too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pdh

A big Thank You to Winters for helping me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

what was the process... was it easy and how long did it take ?

As described by Winters, easy and about a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

i think the process he was referring to was moving from bill to speakeasy....

• Advertisement

Sorry for been stupid.

The situation was I had a company phone but wanted to keep the number when I left for a new position last November. I was first told that I would have to transfer the number as a bill phone in my own name. I was not interested in doing this, as my new company has supplied me with a phone and I just really wanted to have my old number to mostly receive calls.

After talking to a few more people in O2 customer service I was told that if my old company requested that the number switch from bill to prepaid, they could do this.
    OXO I thought, and I organised for me old mates to do this, however their was a delay in the new prepaid SIM card been out to my old company.
    O2 Customer service said they sent one out before Xmas, so resonable that it might have got lost in the post.

Second & third SIM card never arrived so I phoned up O2 Customer service and asked if I cpould just nominate an O2 shop to go in and collect SIM card. I got through to a very helpful person at O2 Customer Service who could not believe the events to date. She expalined that all I had to do was collect a blank SpeakEasy SIM card from a shop and when I had this to give her a call back. I did this and within 30mins the number was transfered from bill to prepaid.

So after the first request in November, it was resolved in last week of January.

The moral of this story is to get through to someone at O2 Customer Service who knows what they are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Or you could have sold the phone to someone very stupid that hadn't got a clue what you were talking about,told them it was O2 speakeasy charge them enough for a brand new phone then buy a cool new phone.Simple as that........or your way was good mine was just for people who want bad karma.

Advertisement