Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

witnness is dead say hello to OXYGEN

• 19-02-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

its not witnness anymore

its the same dates as last year

same prices for tickets

the Darkness and Bowie headlining

same venue

different sponsors , Heineken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Duo

Heineken or O2?

And I don't care, apparently Morrissey will be there. So I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Is it still in Punchestown ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

is there a link for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

From Tinthepark.com -
    Hot off the press for T in the Park 2004 are The Pixies and The Chemical Brothers!

The Pixies are reforming especially for T in the Park 2004, and you can bet we're as excited as you are. This will be an experience that many of us would never have dreamed possible and will be a truly defining moment in T in the Park 2004 music history. Their sound has influenced a wealth of acts, many of whom have graced the stages at Balado during its 10 year history. Where would we be without such signature tracks as, 'Monkey Gone to Heaven', 'Wave of Mutilation', 'Debaser' and 'Here Comes Your Man'.

And then there's The Chemical Brothers, this time performing a live set in the 5000-capacity Slam Tent. The Chems blew the socks off the T in the Park crowd in 2002 at the Main Stage, but this year's performance in the intimacy of the Slam Tent will be a truly special vibe. Ed and Tom's span of 5 albums means they are one of the few dance bands around to have consistently delivered sell out audiences - oh what a difficult choice we'll have to make for the end of the day at T this summer! We will be returning to the beautiful countryside of Balado, near Kinross, Perth and Kinross, Scotland on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th July 2004.

Quality! The Pixies and The Chemical Brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

may have to camp this year, oh yes, oh yes indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by conZ
    Quality! The Pixies and The Chemical Brothers.

That doesn't mean anything for Oxegen (God, I can't believe I can't say Witnness anymore :().

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

The Pixies are reforming especially for T in the Park 2004
    I thought they were reforming especially for the Coachella festival, and then I thought they were reforming especially to support the Chilis. I hear there's a starbucks about to open here, do you reckon we could get the pixies to reform especially for that?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

hello oxygen

( that felt..... nice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

It's NOT called oxygen, it's

OXEGEN

When Guinness sponsored it they added an n to Witness = Witnness
    So, Heineken add an e to Oxygen = Oxegen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yes, correct, Heineken are just as illiterate (dyslexic) as Guinness. But at least the Chemical Brothers are playing...

Why the hell did Heiniken choose "Oxegen"? I thought someone as mudane as O2 had decided on that name.

They should have retained the "Heiniken Green Energy Festival" name for this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I can imagine Peridocial Table Of Elements t-shirts being sold, with each element spelt wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

as long as its the same old boring 2fm albums chart uninspiring bland indie boy rubbish i dont care what they call it - i wont be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by [cm]tyranny
    as long as its the same old boring 2fm albums chart uninspiring bland indie boy rubbish i dont care what they call it - i wont be going.

optimistic view of the festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

2FM don't have an album chart :confused:

That's... um... wonderful. I'll see ye at Slane so.

The Strokes have been added to the lineup, that makes it David Bowie, The Strokes, The Dakness, The Chemical Brothers, and N*E*R*D. Looking promising.

Advertisement