Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripod for DV Camcorder

• 19-02-2004 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good tripod for a Sony MiniDV camcorder (model DCR-PC110E)
    Here's a link to a picture so you know what sort it is:

http://photographic.co.nz/dtv/content/articles/pc110e_review/Default.htm

Ideally I'd like one with aluminium legs, spirit level and a fluid mounting-head with quick release.

It has to be not too light so it won't fall over too easily but not too heavy either when it comes to lugging the thing around.

Alot of people say get a Manfrotto tripod and I'll be borrowing one form a friend to try it out.

I was also looking at a Sony tripod with LANC remote controls for start stop record, zoom etc. Are these just a gimmick or genuinely useful?

My budget is around €200 - €250. Is this realistic?

What else should I look out for in a decent tripod?

Also is there a good shop in Dublin which sells video camera accessories - lenses, filters, external mics etc.?

Your recommendations will be much appreciated.

Advertisement