Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protocol 45

Options
  • 30-09-2000 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

After an exhaustive search for Irish Quake III servers, I finally found some through this board but once I tried to connect I got a "Server uses protocol 45" error message. Can anyone out there tell me how to solve this problem so that I can finally get a game with a decent ping rate?
    Muchas gracias amigos.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

get the newpatch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Don't if you want to play on Irish servers - they're on v1.17 and probably will stay that way for a good while.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

pld death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

ah ffs
    didnt read the rest of the topic,i ****ing downloaded the patch link death had.
    any way of reverting back to 1.17?

• Advertisement

help me get from version 1.25 to 1.17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Reinstall you lazy git. then repatch to version 1.17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

just delete the new pak files and replace the quake3.exe

ta..
    ps im no lazy git,well i am but i dont have the q3 cd

• Registered Users Posts: 37 x0n

Originally posted by DaBounca:
    ta..
    ps im no lazy git,well i am but i dont have the q3 cd

You big fúcking pirate DaBounca. And from the amoral side of my mouth spews these words: download the "no CD" 1.17 (protocol 45) version of quake.exe from http://www.megagames.com/cracks/Q3GOL117.ZIP (to replace the version from your original CD that you er, lost) and delete pak4.pk3, et voila. Murder your friends with unfettered glee.

FYI, my quake 3 is a purchased (by me) version, but I'm all for the "no CD" cracks 'cos I'm p1ssed off opening and closing my CD tray (yes, I play other games than Q3 wink.gif).

- Ois

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

If you run a cracked quake3.exe then you can basically run any number of hacks/cheats .... also if you run a cracked quake3.exe you cannot play in any leagues/games - don't come asking to join the IQ3CL with a hacked exe m8 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37 x0n

Originally posted by m1ke:
    If you run a cracked quake3.exe then you can basically run any number of hacks/cheats ....

m1ke, I pointed him to a "no CD" version of quake3 which does no offer any competitive advantage over anyone else unless you believe everyone pops their quake cd in and out for the laugh during a match wink.gif Are you getting confused over the definition of "cracked"? A "no CD" crack does not automatically add auto-fire or magically add aimbot abilities to your client.
    also if you run a cracked quake3.exe you cannot play in any leagues/games - don't come asking to join the IQ3CL with a hacked exe m8 smile.gif

This statement is vague. A cracked quake3 with auto-fire, aimbot or other cheats would indeed be unfair in the IQ3CL, obviously.

- Ois

if you played me instead of giving me **** youd see it isnt hacked smile.gif,just a no cd crack like xon said.

Advertisement