Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Laptop

• 19-02-2004 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Fully Loaded 3.06 GHz Laptop 1499.99
    Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
    supporting Hyper-Threading Technology
    533MHz FSB, with APC & Smart Power
    • Multi Format DVD Burner
    • DVD R/RW**
    • WIRELESS LAN 11MBit/s
    • NVIDIA GeForce 128MB FX5600
    • 60 GB Hard Disk
    • 24 month manufacturer warranty
    • Carry Bag
    • Huge software package

Worth a look !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i am getting a laptop this saturday ! i`m hearing the companys **** ? what to do.
    should i get this one ?

edit : after some speculation and advice, i think il pass, Screen resolution is way too high and seem as it will turn out crap ! and You can get same specs but not as good graphics card for around the same price, i think il go with advent in pc world.
    That way if something goes wrong, i geta reult immediatley, instead of waiting weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

That's some laptop, *purchasing*.

what if the Screen is crap, resolution sounds good but What program(mostly games) will use that ? i mean, i am really tempted, but never heard of the company and check out the other thread on this.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

I'm pretty sure that's the laptop in the top left.

• Advertisement

I'm presuming it's Medion again, they're a reasonable company, and I've used one before. They're fairly reputable afaik, some people hear have bought from them before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140389

people in that thread are saying its gericom or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They have a full page ad in next week's RTE guide. It states the specs indicated above and that the manufacturer is gericom. They're selling a 2 megapixel digital camera for 99 euros too. No indication of the manufacturer though.

I'd buy one if I didn't already have a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

By the WAY... THE ADVENT LAPTOPS YOU ARE GETTING IN IRELAND ARE IN FACT REBADGED "GERICOM`s".

That`s a fact. I sent Gericom an email a while back when I was looking, and got that confirmed.

Are you sure ?
    if so i`ll get this gericom one, any other cons, anyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

For more information try reading the other forum in "Bargains" titled "Aldi Laptops" that was started two weeks ago and was last added too yesterday.

I wish people would read the forums (or do a search) before needlessly adding a new one to the boards. It distils the benefits of all the relevant information on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

Hi Placebo,

take this as verification:

http://cgi.measham.force9.co.uk/reply.php?id=4706,4805

ok thanks man,
    but i think il go with advent since i can return it if its faulty, instead of waiting weeks for germany to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by Placebo
    what if the Screen is crap, resolution sounds good but What program(mostly games) will use that ? i mean, i am really tempted, but never heard of the company and check out the other thread on this.
    Um, most prgrams can use high resolutions, in fact games are more likely to run at lower resolutions. I know people with higher re'es on their laptops. Just equates to more workspace as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,205 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

looks like they have a pretty tasty tv tuner card for €50....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Do you think they'd be a big demand for those (tv-tuner cards) ??

I'm going to book a holiday for next thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

I would seriously think twice about buying this lappy, The last one that was on offer also a very good deal ended up with alot of bugs & loads, I mean loads of plp complaining.

be wise, go with what you know.

Thanks joePC....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

yeah i wouldnt mind one of those tv cards, is there a big demand? when are these offers in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 phil_trick

So for us Aldi virgins, what time does the place open? It has nothing about it on its web site.

Also, do the queues go on for miles?

Phil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

It's probably too late already....

• Advertisement
Advertisement