Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 3 and winNT

Options
  • 19-10-2000 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

does any one know that the system requirements are for q3a running on a nt box, service packs etc?

thanx

MiCr0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Afaik,

You can you use winnt 4 (server or workstation) with service pack4 or above. Ive ran it on a win98 pc too with pretty good results. Just loads of Ram does the job. A typical Q3 Batch file I use would be -

d:\servers\q3a\quake3.exe +set dedicated 1 +set fs_game osp +set com_hunkmegs 32 +exec ffa.cfg

A couple of things -
    Make sure your network card is set to small packets and that your card is 100mb. It'll make all the difference.

Make sure its not running IIS and if it is, disable the www, ftp and gopher services, etc.

hmm, if I think of anything else, I'll throw it up.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 19-10-2000).]

Advertisement