Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending speaker cables....

Options
  • 20-02-2004 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

OK,

So I've just taken delivery of my shiny new pioneer digital home cinema system thingy, and of course the rear speaker cables aren't long enough. This I expected, but what I did not expect was to find a crimped connection at the back of the player itself - which means I can't just take away the default cable and replace it with a longer one.

That leaves me with only one option.. to extend the cable length by adding a new piece. Can anyone recommend a good method / connector to use to ensure sound quality is not degraded too much?

Also - if you can drop a link or telephone number, or worst case the address of the place where I can get these items it would be great. I'm hoping to go buy some longer speaker cable and connectors this weekend so that I can get this new beasty up and running.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

c0y0te

Advertisement