Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to speed up Boards and a Question

Options
  • 20-02-2004 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

I just turned off the images on Boards via the control panel and my god the speed increase its great.

Why is that some threads go way of the to the right and you have to scroll across to tread them. I notice now that the images links in people sigs are causing this as well.

Any suggestions.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

and download firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Why is that some threads go way of the to the right and you have to scroll across to read them.
    Any suggestions.
    Fat posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i live images on, use minimal skin, and use firebird to block images from most ppls sig

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

change your user cp, don't show sigs, show images as links and use minimalist skin.
    that will help.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Firebird is so beautiful, I have no idea what the technical reasons for it being faster are, but damn it's handy.

Tabbing too.

I like images, I'm sure you understand that the Pix'n'Mix board becomes somewhat useless without the pictures :) .

• Advertisement
Advertisement