Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request forum:Cartoons

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I'm utterly lost and confused by that reply Devore. I don't see the connection between this thread and that quote, but....

/me laughs nervously, while forcing a smile to keep the Godlike Admins happy. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

loser

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Just in case the anime fans are interested, eirtaku.com has opened its own anime & manga forum at http://forum.eirtaku.com

It can be accessed through the main site at www.eirtaku.com aswell.

The site is the only Irish Anime & Manga forum and has been running for about 2 years now in it's present form. Myself and Kenshin keep the cogs turning, it's got a good userbase, but we can always use more people :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

And hopefully it'll be free of the M2A melodrama and bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

What Cult said.

If you have an interest in the Japanese culture, anime or manga, I suggest signing up to the forums.

The forum used to be at mangatoanime.com but now we put it on out own domain for faster expansion. The old posts have not been transferred yet.

Also, could an admin update the link in the drop-down menu at the top under:
    "Arts" -> "Scifi/Fantasy" -> "Link: Eirtaku (Manga to Anime)"
    To point to:
    http://forum.eirtaku.com/

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

NO i did not suggest a manga/anima forum. i suggested an animation forum which would include manga/anime. what makes japanesse animation so important that it should take precedence over all other forms of animation. i suggested a forum for all cartoons not one for manga/anime elitists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    NO i did not suggest a manga/anima forum. i suggested an animation forum which would include manga/anime. what makes japanesse animation so important that it should take precedence over all other forms of animation. i suggested a forum for all cartoons not one for manga/anime elitists

Jeez, there is so many things wrong with that quote...
    CuLT was giving a link to his own site; there still isn't any anime forum on boards.ie, so there is no arguement. (I'm just going to give up here and reside in eirtaku).

The cartoons board idea isn't viable imo, read my post before this to see why. Because cartoons are aimed at kids anyway, you'll be able to post great remaniscing discussions on the All Things Retro board. Animated shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy can (and have to death) be discussed in Television.

Finally, you don't come on F/S DEMANDING a new board. That's not the way it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, but we just wanted to inform all the people who posted about anime in it, about our move to eirtaku.com.
    Feel free to set up your own community for "cartoon elitists" :)

(Don't get me wrong - there are a good few cartoons that I enjoy aswell)
    Good luck on your quest.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

what makes japanesse animation so important that it should take precedence over all other forms of animation. i suggested a forum for all cartoons not one for manga/anime elitists

Taken from eirtaku.com
    What is Anime?
    If this is your first encounter with anime, and you're Irish, you could start off in worse places. Anime is quite simply - Animation. Anime is - generally - Japanese animations; their version of cartoons. The main difference is that cartoons are - more often than not - aimed at children, wheras anime or "japanime" is aimed at a variety of audiences. In Japan, anime is as justifiable and acceptable a medium for entertainment as normal or "live action" films are in America & Europe.
    Because of this, anime is frequently aimed at the young adult market, people in their late teens up into their twenties.
    Another aspect of anime which makes it look quite starkly different from cartoons is the style of animation, most noticably the eyes. The character bodies are usually accurately proportioned and the animation is more detailed. The detail is quite often due to the fact that anime series very often come in a specific number of episodes, usually 13 or 26. This allows the plot to be evenly paced, thus allowing for a coherent storyline.
    Films can be even more detailed, with a large budget and only a couple of hours to fill, the detail of animation and plot can be astonishing.
    An anime film you may have seen or heard something about recently is the very popular "Spirited Away" by Hayao Miyazaki. Check the Review section for other reviews.
    We thoroughly recommend trying out anime, it's a different way of being entertained, as multi-genred as the rest of the film industry; comedy, drama, action, fantasy, sci-fi... it's all there. Check out the Buying Anime section to find out where you can rent a few anime titles to see if you like the idea.

Ok i accept that manga and regular cartoons are quite different from each other but however in the motorsport board we have many divergent forms of the sport such as rally f1 motocross etc. nobody complains about them being discussed in the same forum i dont know whats wrong with cartoons and anime/mange being incorporated into the same forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I still say the idea of an "Asian Cinema" board would be a better way to incorporate Anime, rather than placing it alongside the likes of the Simpons. I mean, while Anime is certainly a genre of its own, it would make more sense placing it into discussion alongside Takeshi Kitano, and suchlike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I take it the anime and/or cartoon board is denied in any form then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    I take it the anime and/or cartoon board is denied in any form then?

Yeah, there's no reason to let this thing die.

As a matter of interest, what justifies the opening of a new forum like the one that is proposed here?

i dont think asian cinema is a popular topic on boards.ie. a general animation board would be more beneficial for cartoon fans and anime fans alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

i dont think asian cinema is a popular topic on boards.ie.

What boards.ie are you on!?!?! :confused:

Advertisement