Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many boards members does it takes to change a light bulb?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

;) I'd like to know if the figures in the original post are going to be a factual
    account of the final list in this thread!!!

Just trying to be patantic thats all!!!:D

AKA could'nt think of what else to post!! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

patantic -

\Pa*tan"tic\, Patantical \Pa*tan"tic*al\, a.
    Of or pertaining to a patent cult; characteristic of, or
    resembling, a patent; extremely malicious or wicked use of intellectual property; devilish clauses ;ostentatious of meaning; as, a patantic worshiper; a patantic dispositition; a patantical affectation. ``Figures padantical.'', patanic host --Shak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

This thread subject is Racist , I tells ya. What about the Coloured bulbs , where are they ?... :p

P. :ninja:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

they are not light bulbs but are lightbulbs. if you dont believe me search google
    [also click on the images tab and you should see some great pics of lightbulbs]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by spoofilyj
    Just trying to be patantic thats all!!!:D
    The word you require is...

Pedantic

;)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by kbannon
    they are not light bulbs but are lightbulbs. if you dont believe me search google
    [also click on the images tab and you should see some great pics of lightbulbs]
    Originally posted by Victor
    And please note, that in the electrical industry, they are known as lamps.

Advertisement