Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I havnt had that much craik since..

Options
  • 19-10-2000 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

the days of ctf on indigo!.

Generations was great craik last night. Really good fun. QW Owns! Thanks to everyone for turning up, apologies for time-delays, I'll get it right for next week.

I'll have some demos and stuff up later today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, it was great fun, cheers for organising it mp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

The Generations page is updated with last nights games. Thanks Kharn/Ol for the demos, their also up.
    http://clans.quake.ie/generations

Heh, El_Pres, The WinQuake Days did actually occur!, its not something we just say to bad boys or people who can't sleep at night smile.gif

Oh, btw, If anyone else would like to fill in for beast/bossarky, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yes... I remember one evening in UL when Bunny Zero and Overlord sat me down and said "This Quake 3 lark your into is all well and good but back in our day..."

5 hours on and they eventually gave up and got some sleep. By the end of it I could almost see what this CTF5 place of theirs looked like smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I can't wait 'till I'm old and grey and I can tell my children, and their children, all about the days of Q1 CTF on Indigo...

"...well, beloved grandchild, we were so ignorant we didn't know what lag was, you know LAG...no? let me explain..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yup_Yup

The secret of my Generations preformance.

1.Tactics, 2.Skill, 3.Consistancy.

1. Tactics
    Jump in the air like a plank and then catch a rocket between your teeth and spread yourself over a wide area.

2. Skill
    Do you think it is easy to shoot your teammate that many times?

3. Consistancy
    Constantly have your back turned on your enemy that way when he sees you he will think you are trying to flee and let you go.Also constantly get shot(The most important of all.

Well lads I really enjoyed last nights game (First Game of Q1 ever) and when we play Q2 or Q3 I might give ya a proper game.

Sorry about the long post!

Yup Yup
    (Paint your level the colour of Yup)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Indigo only actually killed indigosrv2 about 6-8 months ago. Was a shame to see it go really *sniff*

Redesigned

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

G'WAN DA YUP YUP!!!

I have to admit - it was something of a baptism of Fire for poor Yup Yup - his first games of Quake World and it's against INC-MindPhuck and INC-Slaanesh!!!

Quake 2 next week. Hmmmm.....

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Did these magical CTF indigo days REALLY happen or is it just something you tell us newbies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yup it really happened !! And anyone from the time will tell you how much it rocked!

Then damn qw with ca came along... grrrr.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My first online gaming experience was games1.indigo.ie... what a time. The wonder of it all
    Not knowing what a frame-rate was...
    Not knowing about LAG and wondering why I'd suddenly be dead...
    Wondering why people got annoyed when I used this cool new trick I'd discovered when I grappled the flag carrier and killed myself...
    Getting the bejesus raped outta me by Mindphuch and Slaanesh... oh wat, that was last night!

Demo's!
    Second match is here.
    Third match is here.

Our first match was a default win to us, so at least me and Yup Yup have our first victory!!!

gg, plyd, etc to all...

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 19-10-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

gg Eric, it was fúckin great crack!

It was so funny, me and Jay were so bloody cluck it was unreal. Couldnt jump across middle of DM3, blew Jeff away about 5 times and him the same to me, and then trying to bounce around the level like it's Q3, I felt like my feet were stuck to the floor, kept clucking it all up. We havent played in 12 months. :)
    The best part was beating Tom "I play Q1 on DM3 every night on a low ping and I am the KING" Murphy, take the pain Dev. :)

Q2 next week, must find a nice corner to hide in.

Z.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah twas a howl. I really thought we'd get beaten worse then that tho by Zero and Jay. Having Slosh "what do you mean I can kill you and myself too??" on my side was a joy smile.gif

Twas funny to see the oldschoolers trying to get back into it and not blow each other up but I REALLY enjoyed the games and I'd love to keep a ladder going of 2 v 2 QW games.

I can see the game between us and nD on q2 being funny... both hiding cos none of us play the game. Final score 1:0 (to us naturally)

Only 30 points behind Z!

DeV.

Advertisement