Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When the smoke cleared...

Options
  • 20-02-2004 3:51am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...I was left sitting in first place with 74000 chips.

So, me and my lucky shades will be joining you guys next Thursday at the big game.

I can barely talk.

DeV.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

"Though, dear fellow, I know not what this is about, I will however laugh at your comment" *

comment = thingy, aye that, under yer username, can't remember what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Nicely done Dev!
    I was going nicely up until the freezeout, had about 5000 starting the freezeout including top up. But then I didn't get a hand for aaages. The best I got through 2 blinds was 10 9 offsuit, and all around me were trips and houses and the occasional flush.
    I got a bit frustrated then I was down to about 2000 chips, the blinds were about to go up to 400-800 and I was 2 hands away from the big blind. I had KQo in my hand and said bugger it, have to go with this.
    But the guy before me called all in for exactly the same amount of chips as I had, and I thought its better if its me and him heads up allin, and worse if I'm all in and get 3 or 4 callers.
    I flip my KQo and he flips KK!!
    I got a possible straight draw on the flop, then a Q but in the end his KK stood up.
    Very frustrating.

Anyone else get a ticket?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Spiritus and I got 2 of the tickets. I felt sorry for the kindly aul gent next to me as we had a ding dong battle all night with both of us ducking a hiding from the other on several occasions.... he went up against me when I was big blind and had A2 and flopped an Ace. His two jacks didnt stand up and that was the last hand. He won 125 quid towards the big game entry but I still felt sorry for him as he was a nice fella. Ironically had discussed the merits (or lack thereof) of A2 because I'd had it twice before and chucked it both times.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

well done... those glasses must have paid off.

must leave behind my big ass aviators
    for a pair of them next week
    (if you're man is still selling them!)

can't believe the elderly gent with the HUGE stacks didn't
    make it into the top three...

i remember that A2 chat!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Chriiist is *everyone* who plays in the Fitz on Boards!?

I remember those aviator glasses... Ted Nugent called, he wants them back.

Yeah, he was a nice fella, but I dont know what happened to his big stack, he took a few knocks but stuck it out to the last 5 and went out 5th. There was a nice lady at the end (who, for once, didnt seem to hate the ground I walked on) who valiantly struggled to (and briefly succeeded to) prove that all you need is a chip and a chair, she came back to having a small but health stack. She had A of hearts and the flop came 4,5,10 of hearts. I had A10 and when she went all in I sat for the longest time thinking about it. They even wanted to put the clock on me. I knew what she had, I was certain of it I just couldnt work out the odds, eventually I called and was sooo happy to see two crap cards come out... I figured the odds to be just in my favour, maybe 55:45...

That was one of a bunch of hard calls at the last table. I had never been to the last table before and a few of the lads told me it played very differently. Boy we they not kidding but in some ways I preferred it as it was proper poker rather then the lottery that the first few hours can be.... you certainly have to be ready to throw down some lovely pockets at the last table it seemed, I could have cried chucking AK suited when there were two all ins and one was a large stack.

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement